Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: A Customer Caught the Postal Worker...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
...delivering a pair of our calipers to his door. Keep in mind, this is about an 18lb. box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_Au7Vx--Q
Steve Snyder
...and up until now, I thought we had the worst postman on the planet.
effutuo101
Yep. God forbid he has to walk 30 feet to deposit a package.
Dam I miss the days where the postal works had to walk mor than just 1 block without getting back in their car.
scotty b
I assume this is being turned in to the post office ?
76-914
I hope this comes back on his LAZY F'n Ass.
rhodyguy
Customer needs to take some sort of tablet to his po and show the video to the his local postmaster. I'd be waiting on Saturday and read the carrier the riot act. Makes me appreciate how great my mailman is. He actually drives into the driveway, gets out and walks to the front door and knocks before leaving a package.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 21 2014, 12:09 PM) *

...delivering a pair of our calipers to his door. Keep in mind, this is about an 18lb. box.

AND he walks on the grass... how rude! poke.gif
balljoint
Did any of the gold paint come off?
SirAndy
Just two days ago i caught the delivery guy throwing a packet that was clearly marked "Handle with care!" over my fence and onto the pavers behind it!
ar15.gif
ChrisFoley
That's why its important to use packaging sized for adequate cushioning materials.
effutuo101
If it was my video, I would be putting that up on utube. and then email the link to the postmaster.
Big Len
What an ass wipe. Thank God for video.
rick 918-S
My mailman opens the door and leaves my mail inside the house. We have a vintage mail slot but he still leaves it inside.
bulitt
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 21 2014, 02:09 PM) *

Glad you brought this up Eric. The set of rear rotors you just sent me packed in the manufacturers box then in the large flat rate USPS were busting through the bottom corners. You may want to add some duct tape on those corners then the packing tape over it.
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Feb 21 2014, 12:28 PM) *

That's why its important to use packaging sized for adequate cushioning materials.

Well said...pack for the unexpected.
pete000
I received a postal order with a huge hole blown in the box ! lucky the struts were still in the box! but all the hardware fell out .

USPS finest at work !
tomeric914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 21 2014, 08:11 PM) *

USPS finest at work !

Every company has a (hopefully) small population of less than stellar employees. USPS, Fedex, UPS, etc. are no different, we've all seen the videos. Catching one of these slackers on video and turning in the video to your local PO will help to eradicate them.
tomeric914
Also, it helps to get to know all of your delivery people and greet them with a smile and an honest to God thank you when they deliver your packages. Everyone likes to be recognized and appreciated, especially the guy in the subject video.
ChrisFoley
I honestly don't see what the fuss is about.
When I take packages to the Manchester Post Office I often drop them in a chute in the lobby for prepaid Priority Mail packages.
If there isn't someone else's box for mine to land on, they drop nearly 3 feet to the floor.
The mail carrier in that video wasn't any rougher on those calipers.

If the package was insured for the contents' value it would have received handling appropriate to a more valuable item.
jasons
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Feb 21 2014, 07:12 PM) *

When I take packages to the Manchester Post Office I often drop them in a chute in the lobby for prepaid Priority Mail packages.
If there isn't someone else's box for mine to land on, they drop nearly 3 feet to the floor.

Kind of what I was thinking. At an old job, I went into some of the large USPS processing centers to upgrade their tray mail system which routes the mail around the facility. That little drop is par for the course. The sorting machines aren't all that gentle either.

And you guys think they are gonna get him or something? Puhleeez! They would probably have to negotiate with the union before they even considered reprimanding him. You can get fired from the USPS, file a grievance, fight it out for a year, then come back with a raise and all your back pay. The standard of accountability is completely different than what most of us are accustomed to at our jobs. That dude (and thousands of others) will still be dropping boxes next week. Pack your stuff with them in mind.
Cairo94507
I would post that on U-Tube and she d a formal complaint to the Post Master General with a copy to the local Post Master indicating a copy went to the general. Lazy MF'er has a great job and does not appreciate it.
mepstein
Face it, thats the way mail gets handled, whether you see it in public or it's done in the back room, that's life, expect it, Package accordingly,
Type 47
[quote name='rhodyguy' date='Feb 21 2014, 12:00 PM' post='2001439']
Customer needs to take some sort of tablet to his po and show the video to the his local postmaster. I'd be waiting on Saturday and read the carrier the riot act. Makes me appreciate how great my mailman is. He actually drives into the driveway, gets out and walks to the front door and knocks before leaving a package.
[/quote]

isn't that like taking a video of Obama playing golf or on a $20 million vacation and saying don't do that????

[quote name='balljoint' date='Feb 21 2014, 12:12 PM' post='2001448']
[/quote]

OK there is some inside joke going on that I'm missing WTF is the deal with the "gold" calipers?

[quote name='SirAndy' date='Feb 21 2014, 12:20 PM' post='2001452']
Just two days ago i caught the delivery guy throwing a packet that was clearly marked "Handle with care!" over my fence and onto the pavers behind it!
ar15.gif
[/quote]

don't know about the USPS but the other guys train their service providers the proper methods to handle packages...while there is always the exception, most UPS drivers understand their $90k/year plus benefits (30K+) depend on their customers...BTW each package is treated the same..."handle with care" does not mean anything.

[quote name='Racer Chris' date='Feb 21 2014, 12:28 PM' post='2001458']
[/quote]

every package should be able to survive a 2' drop...that's the standard

[quote name='Big Len' date='Feb 21 2014, 12:48 PM' post='2001465']
What an ass wipe. Thank God for video.
[/quote]

Amen!

[quote name='tomeric914' date='Feb 21 2014, 05:25 PM' post='2001566']
[quote name='pete000' post='2001557' date='Feb 21 2014, 08:11 PM']
USPS finest at work !
[/quote]

UPS has had a relationship with the Teamsters since...a long time before Jimmy Hoffa was born. I can't say at the moment what union the USPS has but they are useless.. IMHO. FedEx has no union.

[/quote] Every company has a (hopefully) small population of less than stellar employees. USPS, Fedex, UPS, etc. are no different, we've all seen the videos. Catching one of these slackers on video and turning in the video to your local PO will help to eradicate them.
[/quote]

Again, the employees of UPS, FedEx a little less, make a ton of money for driving a truck and delivering package... I'm sure most USPS folks are not what the video documented.

[quote name='Racer Chris' date='Feb 21 2014, 06:12 PM' post='2001586']

If the package was insured for the contents' value it would have received handling appropriate to a more valuable item.
[/quote]

Just b/c they are "insured" does mean you can put crap in a bag and expect a payback...ever had a carrier evaluate your packaging? put your packaging engineers hat on before you stuff something "down the chute" next time

Kind of what I was thinking. At an old job, I went into some of the large USPS processing centers to upgrade their tray mail system which routes the mail around the facility. That little drop is par for the course. The sorting machines aren't all that gentle either.

And you guys think they are gonna get him or something? Puhleeez! They would probably have to negotiate with the union before they even considered reprimanding him. You can get fired from the USPS, file a grievance, fight it out for a year, then come back with a raise and all your back pay. The standard of accountability is completely different than what most of us are accustomed to at our jobs. That dude (and thousands of others) will still be dropping boxes next week. Pack your stuff with them in mind.
[/quote]

Aren't labor unions wonderful?
r3dplanet
Nice straw-man argument you concocted there.

Observation: ass-hat USPS worker throws a package when he should not have
Conclusion: UNIONS ARE EEEEEVIL

Go stuff your need to politicize any little event into your local news website comments section. Or maybe the Sandbox.

[/quote]

[/quote]
bulitt
[quote name='balljoint' date='Feb 21 2014, 12:12 PM' post='2001448']
[/quote]

OK there is some inside joke going on that I'm missing WTF is the deal with the "gold" calipers?

[/quote]

Yes. This is a shot to Eric. He has been on occasion accused of painting his calipers gold (they are Zinc Plated). It's all in fun, like messing with your best friend. Carry-on.

PS. We usually don't allow Mr.Balljoint out of the Sandbox. Someone left the door open... chair.gif
carr914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 21 2014, 03:00 PM) *

Makes me appreciate how great my mailman is. He actually drives into the driveway, gets out and walks to the front door and knocks before leaving a package.

agree.gif

Mine's Great! He's also into Racing as I've had a Beer with him at the 24 at Daytona & 12 Hours of Sebring beerchug.gif
carr914
[quote name='Racer Chris' date='Feb 21 2014, 03:28 PM' post='2001458']
[/quote]

[quote name='bulitt' date='Feb 21 2014, 05:06 PM' post='2001495']
[/quote]

Glad you brought this up Eric. The set of rear rotors you just sent me packed in the manufacturers box then in the large flat rate USPS were busting through the bottom corners. You may want to add some duct tape on those corners then the packing tape over it.
[/quote]

[quote name='tomeric914' date='Feb 21 2014, 08:25 PM' post='2001566']
[quote name='pete000' post='2001557' date='Feb 21 2014, 08:11 PM']
USPS finest at work !
[/quote]
Every company has a (hopefully) small population of less than stellar employees. USPS, Fedex, UPS, etc. are no different, we've all seen the videos. Catching one of these slackers on video and turning in the video to your local PO will help to eradicate them.
[/quote]

[quote name='mepstein' date='Feb 21 2014, 10:29 PM' post='2001623']
Face it, thats the way mail gets handled, whether you see it in public or it's done in the back room, that's life, expect it, Package accordingly,
[/quote]

I've told Erc that his packages need to be Double Boxed - a Medium Flate Rate inside a Large Flate Rate. A Single Box can Not take the Beating with 18 Pounds in it. Every Package I've gotten from PMS B looked like Gorillas played with it for a Day!

This Happens behind the scenes all the time - 20 Years ago I worked for FedEx for a Short Time, Everyone took turns unloading containers, sorting etc. Packages got tossed.

Click to view attachment
stephenaki
[quote name='r3dplanet' date='Feb 21 2014, 09:15 PM' post='2001643']
Nice straw-man argument you concocted there.

Observation: ass-hat USPS worker throws a package when he should not have
Conclusion: UNIONS ARE EEEEEVIL

Go stuff your need to politicize any little event into your local news website comments section. Or maybe the Sandbox.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
If the post is taken in total and read as such that the final line is a conclusion then yes, it is a straw man fallacy. If the post is taken as individual responses to previous posts then no, there is no straw man argument.

For the record, I see no place for unions in today's day and age. Every now and then they may be needed when dealing with a truly horrible company but they have surpassed their usefulness and now have become a self licking ice cream cone. Just my 2 cents, keep the change. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
BHO? WTF.gif unions? WTF.gif $20m golf outings? WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

QUOTES OF QOUTES OF QOUTES... WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

how you guys left ted (currently a racist dry.gif , former pedophile/statutory rapist stirthepot.gif ) nugent out of the mix is beyond me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.