Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canadian 914 Parts Sources
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CHAFF
Does anyone have a list of canadian parts suppliers/dealers for 914's? Locally, Autoparts Plus could only get me wheelbearings and nothing else. Online websites would be great.

Thanks,
-L
pete-stevers
There are one parts place here in BC that I use for not so hard to find stuff, AVR imports however they source parts out of the States as well 1 604 852 9024( they may not ship to Winepeg). If you are looking for used parts the club is a fantastic resource... Other than that I ship to a Package company just on the other side and bring it across myself then its just gst and pst. Its about 1 hour away for you or so and I hear there is no speedlimit on the 75( I used to live in Morris) IPB Image
all the best
steve
GWN7
Try Gord at 952 2969 He's local.
CHAFF
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Jan 6 2005, 11:58 AM)
Other than that I ship to a Package company just on the other side and bring it across myself then its just gst and pst. Its about 1 hour away for you or so and I hear there is no speedlimit on the 75( I used to live in Morris) IPB Image  
all the best
steve

Hey Steve, thx for the info. Can you elaborate a little more on using the package company? I didn't know a guy could actually do that. Is it like a P.O. Box?
CHAFF
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jan 6 2005, 12:01 PM)

Does he have used parts? or an email address? I'm not looking for anything too specific right now, but more browsing different places. I noticed you're from the peg. How many 914s would you say there are in the city? I've never seen any.

-L
pete-stevers
I am 15 min from the border, just across the line there is a shipping place that has an American address that you can ship to....so if you are ordering parts from anywhere in the States I ship them to this address and the pakage place phones me when the stuff gets in....Voila run through the border pick it up and run back pay my gst/pst / no gst if it is manufacured in the states /german yes.... Now I don't know if they have a sevice like this in your parts, You may just have to split for brokerage fees worst case IPB Image
goodluck
steve
Mark Henry
How's the weather in Winterpeg?

My brass monkey was going to visit....think it's safe??

IPB Image
GWN7
QUOTE (CHAFF @ Jan 6 2005, 12:37 PM)

Does he have used parts? or an email address?  I'm not looking for anything too specific right now, but more browsing different places.  I noticed you're from the peg.  How many 914s would you say there are in the city?  I've never seen any.

-L

Check your Email IPB Image

There are at least 2-6's, 1 V8 and 3-4 others (besides the ones I have) IPB Image

HERE is a good thread on shipping to Pembina from the Winnipeg Motorsport site.

What are you looking for? (says the guy with a shed full of parts)

My brass monkeys fell off...it was -45 here this morning IPB Image
CHAFF
The usual....very very friggin' cold. The brass IPB Image's ballz won't survive. Need steel ones to live here.
mike_the_man
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jan 6 2005, 12:01 PM)

Bruce, is that Gord that owns RGR Autoparts?

If so, Gord is a good guy, I've bought quite a few parts from him. He has some used stuff, as well as new. His website is RGR Auto

There is also Mike's 914s in Ontario. Not sure if he still has a website or not. Mark Henry knows how to get a hold of him.

Mark is also a good resource for engine stuff.

Sometimes it's cheaper to buy stuff from Canada, sometimes it's cheaper to get stuff from the States. I usually try a few places for the best price.

If you want used stuff, check the classifieds on this site. You should be able to get pretty much anything you need from guys on here.
GWN7
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Jan 6 2005, 01:03 PM)

Bruce, is that Gord that owns RGR Autoparts?

Yes, same guy. He's a member here, dosen't post much tho.
CHAFF
Hey thanks Bruce....right now, I think my TPS is screwed...and I've been looking for a good one to clean up over the winter. Could use a new brake handle too (but may have a line on one) Other than that just need odds and ends. Do any of the local junkers have 914s in their yards? Side note - I looked at a yellow one last year that should have been put in a yard.

-L
F4i
The places the others have listed are good. If you have part numbers cip1 is very good on prices. They are vw only but a great deal crosses over. Altrom is ok. Concept1 is a good vw shop in town (calgary) I think they do some internet business. Mike I love your avatar. Corner gas rocks.
davep
What engine is the TPS for?
CHAFF
2.0L
GWN7
QUOTE (CHAFF @ Jan 6 2005, 01:09 PM)
Do any of the local junkers have 914s in their yards? Side note - I looked at a yellow one last year that should have been put in a yard.

-L

I think I got the last one that was in any wrecking yard IPB Image But there might be new ones from last time I looked. The orange car that broke in 1/2 was from one. They didn't even know that it was a 914

Where was the yellow one?
CHAFF
It was at a dealer in the north-east end. It was also listed in the trader...and it was very sad to see a 914 in that condition. Even the brake lines were corroded. The dealer wanted like 4k for it...I was like IPB Image
mike_the_man
QUOTE (F4i @ Jan 6 2005, 01:20 PM)
Mike I love your avatar. Corner gas rocks.

Thanks, it's my favorite show! Eric Peterson, the guy that plays Oscar, is a good friend of my family. I reccomend that everybody check it out.
CHAFF
After spending much hard earned money ordering parts from PP and various other places....I have finally come across a Canadian parts warehouse that seems to stock a good mix of parts. I haven't ordered from them but will probably do so sometime in the near future.

http://parts.autopartsonlinecanada.com/par...model=914-4-001
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.