Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member - Hi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bsinnott911
I just joined 914World and wanted to say hello. Long time Porsche owner (in no particular order 944 996 and 997 Turbos, 73 2.7 RS, 964, 993 Cab, supercharged 997, 356C and Roadster - over the years) but never a 914. Going to spend some time figuring out how to get involved. I admire the beauty (both visual and mechanical) but really love the Porsche sound and feel. So everything owned is there to be driven first and polished second. I would assume that the normal rules of Porsche buying apply - get a PPI, buy the best you can afford, prefer loving owner over dealer. I have been very impressed with both the camaraderie and the technical knowledge available on the board. What a resource! Looking forward to being part of it.
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
Big Len
You've got some good people in Conn, Racer Chris being one. Welcome.
messix
welcome.png
struckn
welcome.png

Good time to get a 914, as with all the air cooled Porsche's. There seems to be a fast growing interest in the old school cars that lack the hi tech improvements. The 914's are the least costly but I think in time that be changing.

Doug
PanelBilly
Welcome. I'd check out the classifieds here first. We get to see some nice cars.
Socalandy
welcome.png
Dr Evil
Best intro ever smile.gif

welcome.png

It is true, great community and resources up there.
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 22 2014, 03:47 PM) *

You've got some good people in Conn, Racer Chris being one. Welcome.

Great advice !

Yes....Chris us in your backyard.
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 22 2014, 09:18 PM) *

Best intro ever smile.gif

welcome.png

It is true, great community and resources up there.

Ditto that
welcome.png
Btw, get in the Dr.'s back pocket, he'll not steer ya wrong driving.gif
Elliot Cannon
Welcome. welcome.png Get in touch with these guys. http://www.tangerineracing.com/
timothy_nd28
welcome.png
Cairo94507
Excellent list of cars - welcome.png This is a terrific site and more information/knowledge than one could ever need. You will learn all you need to know and find all you could want for a 914 right here. Welcome again.
Bsinnott911
thanks for the warm welcome. I will definitely get in touch with Chris - I saw Tangerine Racing in the vendor area on the site but didn't realize it was physically so close by. There are relatively few 914s in CT (at least from what I've seen on the road and at PCA events) so it will be valuable having a local resource.

I think the 914 market looks really interesting. The value spread is now wide enough that there is something for every owner, from the cheap project (well, at least at the start!) to the six figure trophy car. I have been poring over the classifieds and there is indeed lots of interesting items on there.
76-914
welcome.png Welcome aboard. Take a seat and some of our stellar member vendors will be by shortly to take your order. biggrin.gif
jfort
Welcome. For all the slights, 914's are quintessential Porsches. Light, mid engined, fun to drive. Great cars. This site makes it possible.
StratPlayer
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.