Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broke my teener out of the garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay I've had my car out maybe once a month for quick little shakedown runs. just to keep things charged on clear days. Yesterday it was beautiful out. Still only mid 50's but I took the top off & went on a good 2 hour drive in the country. SO AWESOME driving.gif . Ready for an oil change to prep for my 3000+ miles I'll be driving it to Route 66 next month. Car is working perfectly & brought that much needed teener smile Ive been missing. I'm taking it over to Tom's this morning to help him pull the motor on his 911. After yesterday I couldn't help but drive it again today. Not sunny out but not supposed to rain either
JRust
Here it is warming up
dangrouche
gorgeous !!
JStroud
That's awesome! Car is looking good. Going to be 70 here today, but the white car is at McMarks getting the -6 engine mount installed, and the new "driver" is still on the lift waiting on fuel lines, forgot to pick up the rubber lines headbang.gif hopefully my flaps has some. Probably no driving for me today. sad.gif

Jeff

PanelBilly
Damn that's a good looking car.
shoguneagle
Think you are the only one who can enjoy the Oregon weather???

South of you and a little to the west weather was high clouds/fog eventually turning to sun after 11. Pulled the Alfa Romeo Spider out of the garage after it has been repaired/sat for four plus years. Top down rolled out into the I-5 with wife and made a great journey up to Wold Creek and back to Grants Pass. First time out for any distance and we ended going 50-60 miles; not bad for a car which was forced to set for more than four years without running and we are still burning off the 4plus year old gas. Stabel does wonders.

It was great and will do it again today. We are starting shakedown trips for the eventual long trip to Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca.

Not the 914-sizer but still every bit as great. Having the top down/off makes a great difference.
mittelmotor
Very nice, JRust! Silver stripes over that fantastic metallic green sets it off just right. Flares are exquisite.
JRust
QUOTE(mittelmotor @ Feb 26 2014, 11:35 AM) *

Very nice, JRust! Silver stripes over that fantastic metallic green sets it off just right. Flares are exquisite.

Thanks for the kind words. I accept the praise but the credit goes to Dean for building the car. I was just lucky enough to buy it. I haven't done much to the car but change the 16x7 fuchs to 16x8 fuchs all around.
2mAn
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. nice car
JawjaPorsche
Beautiful! Love the color! beerchug.gif
7TPorsh
Very nice.

Where did you get those side stripes?
JRust
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Feb 26 2014, 03:11 PM) *

Very nice.

Where did you get those side stripes?

They were one of the set's available to buy. They were put on before the green coat was applied. After the green was sprayed they were removed. Then clear coats added
73cool
Beautiful car! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
steuspeed
WOW! w00t.gif
maf914
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 26 2014, 12:40 PM) *

I haven't done much to the car but change the 16x7 fuchs to 16x8 fuchs all around.

How is the steering effort with 16x8 wheels on the front? What size tires are you using? Any strange handling traits, like bump steer or tram-lining on pitched roads? idea.gif

Thanks.
Johny Blackstain
She is gorgeous thumb3d.gif
SLITS
does it blow spark plugs outta the holes? poke.gif

Nice
JRust
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 27 2014, 05:59 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 26 2014, 12:40 PM) *

I haven't done much to the car but change the 16x7 fuchs to 16x8 fuchs all around.

How is the steering effort with 16x8 wheels on the front? What size tires are you using? Any strange handling traits, like bump steer or tram-lining on pitched roads? idea.gif

Thanks.

I'm running 225's all around right now. No problems with the steering I've noticed so far. Drives great as is
orthobiz
I've loved greenies ever since my dear departed Zambesi back in the 80's. Stunning car!

Paul
Tom
That's right. rub it in for those of us who still have jackstanditus! dry.gif
Actually, nice way to break up the cabin fever. smile.gif Doesn't hurt that it is a very nice looking car BTW. Maybe a good idea to put it away for this weekend tho', seems like we may get some snow. sad.gif
Tom
mramber
Very Nice! Two weeks ago it warmed up a bit here in Minnesota and I got the bug to start working on the car again, since then its been back below zero and I'm starting to wonder if I will ever drive my 914 again
struckn
I hate this......I got 5" of hard packed snow between the Garage and the Road 200' away.

You're killing me!

mad.gif

Beautiful car however.

14.gif
TravisNeff
its been in the low 80's...

I should do something with the teener before it gets hot...
JRust
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Feb 28 2014, 08:57 PM) *

its been in the low 80's...

I should do something with the teener before it gets hot...

You should bring it to Route 66 so I can see it evilgrin.gif . I'll be coming down & the more teener's the better. I keep adding stops on my trip. I think I'm going to end up logging a good 3500 miles round trip when I'm done blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.