Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't tell my wife.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
biggrin.gif
76-914
Fantastic. Did you remove before the drying cycle? Works well on baseball caps also.
mepstein
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 23 2014, 12:51 PM) *

Fantastic. Did you remove before the drying cycle?

yes
rhodyguy
The inside recesses come cleaner when the faces point up. I got busted doing the same thing. For plastics the water pre-heat is best left off. Works great for fog lights but you need to remove reflectors first.
Tom
LOL!! This cracks me up. If you keep doing this, she will figure it out. They always do! Sooner or later. Then you will be in big trouble, lol. Just tell her and it will be so much better in the final result, and she may have some ideas to clean them better. If you come "clean" with her, she will love you for it, I promise!
Tom
rick 918-S
Oh hell! That's nothing. I put Sandy's Enkei 92's in ours. happy11.gif
PanelBilly
I was thinking about putting the fan from my 3.0 in the dish washer, but Julie got home too soon.
mepstein
QUOTE(Tom @ Feb 23 2014, 07:23 PM) *

LOL!! This cracks me up. If you keep doing this, she will figure it out. They always do! Sooner or later. Then you will be in big trouble, lol. Just tell her and it will be so much better in the final result, and she may have some ideas to clean them better. If you come "clean" with her, she will love you for it, I promise!
Tom

Lol. She figured me out a long time ago. And yes, after I glass bead blasted the intake and fan on my 3.2 they went to the kitchen parts cleaner.
r_towle
Heck, I have bought every dishwasher we have ever owned....

So what can she say, except "I never liked that dishwasher"
computers4kids
The dishwasher, oven, and freezer have all been used for the "greater good." happy11.gif
914_8
Thats nothing. My mom has come home to my dad and I using the oven to pre heat parts for cleaning. And also my cooking paints/ coatings onto engine parts… Its always better to ask forgiveness evilgrin.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 23 2014, 12:27 PM) *

biggrin.gif

A beautiful sight! beerchug.gif

It's a great solution for cleaning those types of parts.
CptTripps
Last week I was looking for a set of FAG bearings I'd ordered for the rear trailing arms. I couldn't figure out what I'd done with them, and was reminded by Angie that they were in the basement freezer. She doesn't even flinch anymore.

I had 200 old motherboards that I needed to clean for an office "art" project. After she came home and found this, I had to go buy another dishwasher.
warpig
I've used that cleaning technique on valve covers, oil pans, motorcycle wheels etc. confused24.gif Always makes the house smell like a proper professional mechanic's establishment. beer3.gif
rhodyguy
ALWAYS remember to run the dw empty on a short cycle when finished. Check for trace evidence on the food screen/filter. "What's all this junk in the bottom of the dw?". "What junk?". Busted.
mepstein
They were cleaned by hand before the dishwasher.
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(warpig @ Feb 24 2014, 09:12 PM) *

I've used that cleaning technique on valve covers, oil pans, motorcycle wheels etc. confused24.gif Always makes the house smell like a proper professional mechanic's establishment. beer3.gif

Best to avoid the engine bits. I've learned that doing valve covers is a multi-day doghouse offense.
Big Len
This is what you guys are worried about??

C'mon men, aren't we the kings of the castle?
effutuo101
same with heat curing motorcycle heads in the oven after "hot" paint has been applied.
That was almost a new oven. I learned, do it first thing in the morning and "ventilate with outside air".
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 25 2014, 09:43 AM) *

This is what you guys are worried about??

C'mon men, aren't we the kings of the castle?

If you guys keep it up you will end up with only half the castle!

Dave
GaroldShaffer
Been thinking about buying a used dishwasher to use in the garage. No wife issues if I put dirty parts in it. biggrin.gif
OU8AVW
I wonder what the wife could put in the dishwasher that would make us mad?

Click to view attachment
Steve Snyder
I'm thinking the real question now is, "Exactly where did that picture come from?"
shelby/914
No pix but back in the day it was great for wire wheel covers on my Mustang. Probably work great on wire wheels too.
OU8AVW
QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Feb 25 2014, 12:34 PM) *

I'm thinking the real question now is, "Exactly where did that picture come from?"

Scotty B's Facebook page.....
Bulldog9
I am very skilled at avoiding the wrath of SWMBO (aka She Who Must Be Obeyed) lol...... But have successfully used the dishwasher. Last week after baking my latest round of parts painted with high heat enamel (48 hours after dry to make sure little to no fumes when in oven) I had just gotten the parts out as she pulled in the driveway. Thinking fast, I dashed in the kitchen and hit the 'autoclean' mode. Definately covered up the odd smell in the kitchen. ;-) I'm sure I'd survive if caught, but I see no reason to test my theory. lol
scotty b
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Feb 25 2014, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Feb 25 2014, 12:34 PM) *

Scotty B's Facebook page.....

rolleyes.gif Nice try. No one here is dumb enough to believe I have a kitchen rolleyes.gif
balljoint
Nice mixing tools?

Who else ate the cake at the tranny clinic?

ohmy.gif
bulitt
This thread has taken a wrong turn... screwy.gif
maf914
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Feb 25 2014, 11:42 AM) *

I wonder what the wife could put in the dishwasher that would make us mad?

Are those special tools Porsche makes for 914 owners? No respect! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.