Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First road trip with the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
offwatch
Got the 914 off the jack stand two weekend ago and have been doing short trips around town to test it out. The forecast for this weekend was Sunny and dry so thought it was time to take the 914 for a road trip. piratenanner.gif

We planned to head to Cannon beach Oregon about a 100 mile trip through the Coast mountain range and spend the night and come back Sunday.

Just before we headed into the mountains I thought I had better stop and check the oil. We pulled off Hwy 26 at the glider airport and just as I was getting ready to get out to check the oil a pickup truck stopped on the road behind us and rolled down their window and yelled Nice Car! From my position in the drivers seat I could only see the Pickup truck, I waved and yelled thanks, as he pulled forward I could see he was towing a trailer with a red 914 on it. lol-2.gif

The car ran flawless down and back and we had a great weekend.

Tried to download photos but could not get to work, any tips?

shoguneagle
Have fun. Sounds like a great trip. We started a couple of days ago and went yesterday on short 60 mile jaunt in our 86 Alfa Romeo Spider. Great to have it running after four years.

Our 914-Sixer is next.

Have fun.

Steve
billh1963
Nice story!
boxstr
Probably Jamie in the pickup truck with a new Red addition to the fleet.
Craig at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.