Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - Brembo AM Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tomeric914
Do you have M calipers with vented rotors? Do you want to increase your pad size without any modifications and keep the same brake bias? Maybe it's time for you to buy rebuilt calipers anyways, these being a very sweet and affordable upgrade. If so, these are your ticket to happiness. They also look REALLY NICE.

Up for sale is a pair of Brembo AM calipers which have had at least 4 fluid changes per year over the past 2 years. These calipers have been great but aren't enough anymore for the time I spend on the track.

What you get:
- Left and Right Brembo AM calipers with new seals and boots
- Short pre-bent hard lines to connect the calipers to the standard hose location

SOLD

As seen and originally purchased from here http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...645/6862358.htm

IPB Image

Thanks for Looking!
tomeric914
I dropped the price to $399. This will be the one and only price drop, otherwise I hang onto them.
mepstein
That's a steal. I paid full price for mine. Wish I had a reason to buy a spare set. Probably would be snatched up quickly on pelican or early911registry
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Feb 27 2014, 07:59 AM) *

I dropped the price to $399. This will be the one and only price drop, otherwise I hang onto them.

these would bold up directly to my current 914, correct? - would they work spacing wise with my new solid rotors(drilled for 5 lug)?
then one other question. I have considered putting on an early 911 front suspension because they have the 3" spacing and are already set for 5 lug, so i assume this would be a direct fit with the vented rotors in that senario. just wondering how the fit would be spacing wise on the solid 914 rotor set up.

phil
mepstein
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 27 2014, 09:22 AM) *

these would bold up directly to my current 914, correct? - would they work spacing wise with my new solid rotors(drilled for 5 lug)?
then one other question. I have considered putting on an early 911 front suspension because they have the 3" spacing and are already set for 5 lug, so i assume this would be a direct fit with the vented rotors in that senario. just wondering how the fit would be spacing wise on the solid 914 rotor set up.

phil

Phillip - mine fit a 3" 911 front end with vented rotors. I don't believe these wil fit your current setup.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 27 2014, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 27 2014, 09:22 AM) *

phil

Phillip - mine fit a 3" 911 front end with vented rotors. I don't believe these wil fit your current setup.

These use the vented rotors, if you up-grade to the 3" spacing 911 (914-6) struts and hubs with vented rotors they will fit.

That's a damn good price.
DRPHIL914
thats what i thought, thanks for the clarification. just trying to decide if that's the direction i want to go or not. that would mean the 911;914/6 spindle, hub etc(i did find a set) with the 3'' spacing that would fit with these calipers. let me see what i can put together, i know the least expensive way to go for now is keeping what i with the 5 lug conversion but this is awfully tempting....
jcd914

If Phil does not buy these, I'll buy them.

I was planning to go this route eventually but at this price I can bump my plans up.

PM me payment info if Phil passes.

Thanks
Jim
tomeric914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2014, 10:00 AM) *

These use the vented rotors, if you up-grade to the 3" spacing 911 (914-6) struts and hubs with vented rotors they will fit.

My front end uses standard 914 struts with 911 hubs and special bearings which have the 911 OD to fit the hubs and the 914-4 ID to fit the spindle. Don't ask me the part number as I do not recall.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Feb 27 2014, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2014, 10:00 AM) *

My front end uses standard 914 struts with 911 hubs and special bearings which have the 911 OD to fit the hubs and the 914-4 ID to fit the spindle. Don't ask me the part number as I do not recall.

blink.gif
You can do this????
oh shit I need that part number...
tomeric914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2014, 12:09 PM) *

QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Feb 27 2014, 11:13 AM) *

blink.gif
You can do this????
oh shit I need that part number...

Yes, and the pisser is that I sold the 911 hubs and tossed the bearings from another 914 strutted front end that I had a couple of years ago. slap.gif

I found a thread on it last night which enlightened me as to how I was able to have 914 strut housings and 911 hubs, but it didn't have bearing part numbers.

I have a whole new dilemma now as to if 914 strut inserts fit late 911 strut housings. 914 housings have a gland nut with external threads, pre-85 911 have a gland nut with external threads which may or may not be the same as 914, and post-85 911 have a gland nut with internal threads which apparently is a beyotch to get to work with Koni struts.

This is beginning to be way more trouble than its worth.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 27 2014, 06:22 AM) *

phil

You should check with Eric Shea to confirm but he told me long ago that these will bolt up to early (70-mid 72) 914/4 struts with no modifications to the struts. With early struts you will need early 914/4 rotors which are non-vented. You can take the spacers out of the calipers to make them work with non-vented 914/4 rotors. The only thing you lose is having vented rotors but gain a lot more stopping power.

Greg
DRPHIL914
Jim,

I will probably regret it someday, but right now since i already have brand new reman stock calipers from PMB a while back, and i sourced some cleaned up a-arms and my bearings are new but are specific for stock spindle and hub etc .
in other words after much thought and discussion with myself, i will pass to Jim.

beer.gif if i were going whole hog to 911 then these would be great- but you have to have the early 911 fronts with the 3" spacing --- i believe the late ones have 3.5"

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 27 2014, 10:54 AM) *

If Phil does not buy these, I'll buy them.

I was planning to go this route eventually but at this price I can bump my plans up.

PM me payment info if Phil passes.

Thanks
Jim

bulitt
Tomeric- what are you replacing these with for more stopping power? Oh, I see your WTB for 3.5" struts. Did you put an add in PP in the 911 section?
tomeric914
QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 28 2014, 08:03 AM) *

Tomeric- what are you replacing these with for more stopping power? Oh, I see your WTB for 3.5" struts. Did you put an add in PP in the 911 section?

I don't need more stopping power, I need pad longevity. Going with Wilwoods which will have roughly 50% greater pad area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.