Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many snow shovels do you own ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
I spent about an hour shoveling this evening, mid storm. Another inch is down already, supposed to be over tonight. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

Shovelling is a good time to think ! and I figured the number of shovels people own could be a good gauge of the kind of weather they get, and the length of their teener's hibernation.

Unfortunately, I'm in the half a dozen category.

Michel Richard
in snowy Montreal
SirAndy
0 (zero)

no snow here, other than my dandruff ...
IPB Image Andy
Jake Raby
It was 70 here today!
Thats like 30 degrees above average!
skline
Whats a Show shovel???
iamchappy
Six, and a snowblower.
Sparky
I own several, I am more intimate with the shovels then the Porsche right now. I shoveled 3" when I got home this morning at 1AM, another 4 inches before heading to work at 2PM and am looking forward to seeing how much more is left when I get back to the house at 1AM. I HATE SNOW IPB Image

My best,
Mike D.
VegasRacer
Snow Shovel ??
That's like a really big coke spoon, right? IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 6 2005, 08:10 PM)
Snow Shovel ??
That's like a really big coke spoon, right? IPB Image

Hey John, what the hell is that in your avatar???
skline
So, Aaron, you just going to follow me around all night and reply to all my posts??? Dont you have to study?
dinomium
suposed to start either tonight or Friday... Tues could be in the teens! I know midwesterners is ALWAYS cold there, which makes it all the worse for us...
this was last year in B town, my dog loves the snow!!
dinomium
picture
VegasRacer
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 6 2005, 08:22 PM)
Hey John, what the hell is that in your avatar???

It's my new daily driver. LeMans Sunset Nissan 350Z. I can't drive the teener every day (I guess you wouldn't know about that). Sometime I like to have heat or AC.
skline
So did you take delivery of the automatic car? Or did I miss something somewhere? You were going down this morning to figure out what you were going to do. The only conclusion I could see is that you took delivery of the automatic. Fill me in.

Sorry about the hijack.
rick 918-S
6 and a plow truck. Were talking serious snow here.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 6 2005, 09:04 PM)
So did you take delivery of the automatic car? Or did I miss something somewhere? You were going down this morning to figure out what you were going to do. The only conclusion I could see is that you took delivery of the automatic. Fill me in.

Sorry about the hijack.

The dealer knew I would not take it even before I got there this morning. They had already located and ordered another car the night before. It should be here on Monday.

Soon I will be able to post a real photo of MY car instead of ones I stole from the Internet.

/ hijack. (back to the topic of snow shovels)
airsix
Have one. Use it only about once every other year. But growing up I lived 45 miles from Yellostone Park. Wore out at least one shovel every two years and a snowblower about every 5. Can't tell you how many times I rode a snomobile to school or basketball practice.

-Ben M.
Trekkor
I actually have one.

I use it as a giant dust pan for demolition. IPB Image

KT
Rhodes71/914
Got em all the way from my small telescoping backcountry ski/snowboard shovel to the big scoop type for those heavy dumps, and everything in between.

I hated shoveling snow when I was in highschool. Dad would make me do the driveway before school if there was a few inches from overnight. Now I like it, fresh air, a little work out.

I think when I get back to Alaska I'll have to put a plow on the truck. IPB Image

Supposed to get close to a foot tomorrow. I hope so the Rupps need to get out.
pete-stevers
We had our first snow here today....just a light dusting, mostly 4x4s in the ditch /over confident i think...hour of shoveling and salt rock on top, Cannot have anyone slipping at the store....
love the stuff, be nice to do some x-country skiing, if i had the time.... IPB Image
steve
Gustl
I've only one, but I didn't use it since I live in my small appartment nearby the center of my village (we actually have lots of snow, but it's not my job IPB Image )

when I was a kid and lived with my parents we (my brother and me) had to use it very very often ...

IPB Image Gustl
krk
Man O Man.

Grew up shoveling it (heh) -- Saskatchewan is my home province (google it if you need to) -- but now that I'm in San Jose (google it... well.. you know) our shovels are related to gardening and such. And we're into desert gardening -- so I have spare shovels if you need them. :-)

love, kim.
Joe Ricard
Counting the air damn on the Teener..... just one. IPB Image
SLITS
36" on the ground and 12" per day for the next three days......whoooooopeeeee!
Mark Henry
Here's mine...
SLITS
I want one IPB Image but it's hard to drive uphill on the steps to my residence IPB Image
Mark Henry
It's even an aircooled flat /2 IPB Image

I've only had to use it twice this winter...first time about 5" and yesterday we had 2" of snow.
GaroldShaffer
I have 6, four in the garage, one in the car & truck, plus a snow blower. I gotta laugh, I still can't walk straight with this stupid inner ear problem, my neighbor down the street came in did our drive twice this week. The funny thing is he is 70, had a quad bypass done in '03 and here I am at 39 in good health othewise but cant walk straight to run the snow blower IPB Image

Oh, he uses the blower, NO SHOVELS for him!
J P Stein
Just one & have had it for bout 30 years. I store it in a cool/dry place. IPB Image

I'm hoping it gets no use this year.
bondo
Dimonium: Wow, I didn't know there were polar bears in WA! IPB Image
aircooledboy
I can't even count how many we have. IPB Image I spent 3 hours after I got home last night clearing the 12" we got from tuesday thru wednesday. Heavy equipment required to clear the driveway though. First I push the piles to the side, then I have to use a bucket loader to lift the piles into smaller, higher piles. IPB Image I'l try to post a pick when I get home.

Don't tell my wife, but I actually like playing with all my big toys when it snows IPB Image IPB Image
ewdysar
I've got one, but as a SoCal native the only times I've used it were after a 6 hour drive and 2 hour hike. Turns out I'm a big fan of snowshoe backpacking. Maybe I like it because of the novelty....

Eric
GWN7
It's winter here in Manitoba
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 kilometres per hour
At 52 below!

Oh, how I love my Manitoba,
When the snow's up to my butt.
I take a breath of winter air,
And freeze my nostrils shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful!
So I guess I'll hang around.
I never could leave Manitoba,
Cuz I'm frozen to the ground!!!

I have lots of shovels and a 10hp 2 stage 28" wide snowblower which I yell at the kids to use.
SLITS
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Damn, that was FUNNY (but cold).
Rhodes71/914
Didn't know that Husquavarna made ride on lawn mowers. Got a couple of their chain saws, I want a that ride on.
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 7 2005, 08:40 PM)
Didn't know that Husquavarna made ride on lawn mowers. Got a couple of their chain saws, I want a that ride on.

Almost all riding mowers are made by one company...American Yard Products.

But it is top of the line, power lift, electric PTO, etc.
It's been a good machine.
jd74914
Oh Yeah. we've got lots of 'em

Of course, we''ve also got a plowtruck that cleans up snow pretty fast. IPB Image
r_towle
probably ten
2 snow blowers
a plow truck

long driveway and lots of snow every year
tesserra
1 shovel left over from or Lake Tahoe house.
I now use it to shovel/plow mud off the driveway of my construction project.
Works great.
But I would rather be shoveling snow than mud.

George
SLITS
Phone cameras suck, but it's still snowing...gonna have to tunnel my way out of this one by Monday.

IPB Image

Can't find my shovel IPB Image
scruz914
Two, for our Tahoe cabin. This photo is from the small road in front of the cabin on New Year's Eve morning (7:00 a.m.). We tried to push through about 3 feet of fresh powder but didn't make it. The snow was up to the door handles and tight against the car. My wife had to crawl out the window and go back to the cabin to get the shovels. A neighbor tried going through with his Humvee and couldn't do it. Snowplow did not show up until 1:30 p.m. From what I understand Tahoe has received many more feet since the New Year.
scruz914
Here is our old bear box. There was no snow on the roof as of Tuesday morning.
Joe.D
Here's one of mine.

Same story as R-Towle. A long driveway and lots of snow = many shovels, snowblowers, and yes, a plow truck.
jimtab
No, Guys, VISIT the snow, don't LIVE in the snow. Alaska escapee, and I miss it every day, Southeastern tho.....
tracks914
Actually 4 shovels and 2 snowblowers. rocking nana.gif
rick 918-S
This is at the lake last weekend.
jarbuthnot
Four shovels and two 28" snow blowers. Shovels for the deck and steps. Snow blowers for a 300' driveway, 200' path to the garage and lots of snow, but not as much as interior Maine.
RS22b
i have A snow shovel. Havent had to shovel in a few weeks though. Although it did snow today, but ive been lazy and sick so i stayed inside.

-billy
michel richard
QUOTE (jarbuthnot @ Jan 11 2005, 06:04 PM)
Four shovels and two 28" snow blowers. Shovels for the deck and steps. Snow blowers for a 300' driveway, 200' path to the garage and lots of snow, but not as much as interior Maine.

Joan,

I trust you're keeping well, nice to hear from you. Do you take care of the driveway yourself ?

Michel Richard
jarbuthnot
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 11 2005, 11:17 PM)
Do you take care of the driveway yourself ?

Michel

I do it all myself, have to keep in shape somehow IPB Image . Although it's 50 (9C?) here and raining now, so it's all gone. I am well, thank you. Hope to see you at the next Ramble. Glad to hear you decided to keep the green!
Root_Werks
Wow, 49% don't own/use one. I don't up here. We get snow maybe once a year. Only around for a day, maybe two tops, just a couple of inches. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.