Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A moment of silence please.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I'm never that attached to my toys....

But today I dropped of the old #628 to it's new owner. It's to become an interesting project car. I like the plans for it. Hopefully the new owner will keep us updated as he goes....

Anyway, I felt a twinge of sadness as I drove away with my empty trailer....Doris and I had such a wonderful time cutting our teeth with that car on the big tracks and autocrossing. It brought me immense joy.

I'm now 914-less..... IPB Image

I feel strange......I must be going through 914 withdrawls.... IPB Image

I guess I am a 914 addict.

I need a IPB Image

Bill P.
skline
Well, Bill, we will miss you. Of course you know you cant post here anymore till you get another car. Nobody will ever believe what you say in your advice since you dont own one.

JK, Sorry to hear about your loss.

So, when are you taking delivery of the new car???

Am I being pushy?
drew365
I thought you were putting together a wide body hot rod? Either way you've got the fever, there's you a 914 and a race track in your future. Bet on it. IPB Image
scotty914
you dont need a IPB Image

you need a 914
Trekkor
Bill, you'll be up and running in no time!

I know the feeling. When I sold my first 914 I was bummed. I started searching for another near immediately.

Addiction...Yes IPB Image

Case in point, I'm going back outside to finish bolting the exhaust on right now. IPB Image

KT
rick 918-S
a sad day indeed. IPB Image
nine14cats
Status of the new car:

The stripped of paint roller comes back to me to for trial fit of engine, tranny and oil tank placement by mid February. I'm also having a tranny cooler and a Woodward power steering rack and pump fitted in the car.

After the fitment and welding of brackets, everything is taking off the car, put back up on rotesserie and the car will be painted right after final fitment of the Sheridan Narrow Body kit. The car frame and interior will be painted white just like the current factory race cars. The exterior will be a bright "yellow or orange".

It's going to be a while before I get my track fix.... IPB Image But I'm trying to be patient.... IPB Image

Here's what the tub looks like as of 3 weeks ago:

Bill P.
nine14cats
And the front....
pete-stevers
don't know what i'd do without out my 914, IPB Image I guese i would buy another....
All the best

steve
gregrobbins
you dont need a   IPB Image

you need a 914

I agree, get a beater to run around in until the race car is done. IPB Image
ChrisReale
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jan 6 2005, 09:44 PM)

Woodward power steering rack and pump fitted in the car.

Why do you want power steering?
SpecialK
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2005, 09:38 PM)
a sad day indeed. IPB Image

It's okay Rick...it went to another 914 lover, not the crusher. IPB Image

nine14cat's will get another (and soon I'd bet)! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
nine14cats
Hi Chris,

My wife co-drives the car with me. She's been great with letting me spend the money on building our 2nd track car and told me that it would be more fun for her at auto-x's if the car had power steering. She's had trouble turning the old car with the cantilever slicks. Our new car has slicks 2 inches wider, so the steering effort isn't going to be any easier.

I wanted to build into the car some of the things she wanted. It's her car too! IPB Image

So...power steering....

Between the power steering, adjustable shocks, roller bearing suspension, raised suspension points, etc., the car should be pretty responsive to drive.

Bill P.
jandro62
914-less! I call bs! You have a tub sitting right there. What you mean is that you don't have a running 914, which puts you at about par with 1/2 the people on this site. Good luck with the new project!
neo914-6
Bills car will be the base for the Neo914...a modern street/track 914.
Thanks Bill!
Felix
nine14cats
IPB Image

Unfortunately, I can't go out to the garage to fondle the tub!.....It's being worked on by a local body shop for the panel fitment....

My addiction runs deep!

I dream of curves, overtaking cars on the straights, orange cones, the smell of race gas.... IPB Image

hmmm....I need a cigarette....and I don't even smoke....

Bill P.
neo914-6
I need a   IPB Image

Bill, I was planning on buying you a beer a Jakes but the girls were sick...so I owe you one.
Felix
Jeroen
It's always sad to see a cherrished car leave...
Still, in your case it's a matter of moving on to new and better things!

Neo, tell us about your plans for the car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.