Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone up for a get together near end of January?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Anyone interested in a Donut run get together down in Seal Beach? Zeke from the Bird board was asking about interest. He was open for dates near mid or end of January. The last one he put on was a fun time. I think the last time was in November of 2003. The last run I did in my yellow car. I would even take the Chalon out for this one as a first run. Post here if you are interested in doing this. Lets try to put something together and have some fun, breakfast and shop talk and drinks.
Aaron Cox
im down IPB Image
bernbomb914
went on the last one. If I can get the engine back in the yellow beauty I will try to make it

Bernie
skline
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Jan 6 2005, 10:21 PM)
went on the last one. If I can get the engine back in the yellow beauty I will try to make it

Bernie

You got the engine out again? Is that from when you went on the last run and broke down?
MattR
I wouldnt want to get fat... like a bastketball...

but Im down.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 6 2005, 11:45 PM)
I wouldnt want to get fat... like a bastketball...

but Im down.

FATTR IPB Image looks like fat tire
swood
I'd be down. Saturdays are better than Sundays for me. I'd also prefer a Nicks breakfast burrito to donuts. IPB Image IPB Image They rock!! And keep me fat.
MattR
Im going to push a-aron off the top of ortega... IPB Image

The south OC pelican gruppe is putting together a run also. Maybe we can cordinate? I'll be the mediator... Im going to drive my 912 (a compromise between 911 good looks and 4 cyl "power").

Here is the pp thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=200316
TonyAKAVW
I'm in.

-Tony
jim_hoyland
I'm in; I'd prefer Nicks too.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (swood @ Jan 6 2005, 10:49 PM)
I'd be down. Saturdays are better than Sundays for me. I'd also prefer a Nicks breakfast burrito to donuts. IPB Image IPB Image They rock!! And keep me fat.

IPB Image Nick's breakfast burritos....the best!!! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
skline
Well, normally these arent really any kind of runs per say, we all just fill up a parking lot at some place and hang out and take pictures, talk, eat breakfast and stuff like that. More of a get together. We could cruise PCH or something like that down by the beach.
SLITS
Seal Beach won't exist after the next two storms.......maybe try for Quartzite, AZ after the earthquake IPB Image
Carlitos Way
Tentative for me. Depends on weather... and Sundays are better for me usually as I don't usually get home until after 2:00 AM on Friday nights. Gotta love the bar/entertainment jobs!!!!
JoeSharp
I'm in. IPB Image Whats a Nicks. IPB Image
Joe
jim_hoyland
Nicks is the best breakfast burito place around; excellent sandwiches. Easy parking on main street too; Fortunately, main street is about 12 feet above sea level-no chance of flooding there.
Steve
I'm in.
Disclaimer: Except for bad weather or the wife vitoing said priviledges.
ewdysar
IPB Image

I'm in as well. Same disclaimer as above... IPB Image
Without knowing Nick's, burritos beat donuts in my book.
Please provide time and location, when available

Eric
skline
As soon as I get a hold of Zeke, I will find out what the plan is. I needed a count of who all would go. There maybe a change in venue also. Everyone would meet in HB at the Donut Derelick meeting and then head down the coast to the Crystal Cove where there will be a bunch more Porsches and speedy sports cars. A real breakfast to boot. Its all still up in the air at this point until we find out what everyone wants to do.
swood
So which is it ese...HB or SB?IPB Image Nicks is real breakfast. I'm going there either way.
skline
Well, there seems to be a lack of interest from the bird board. I think we should just do one ourselves and have it in Seal Beach where you all seem to want to go. I am looking for an excuse to get the Chalon out on the road and would like to go to a local event. Lets see what we can do on this. I would say the weekend of the 22nd or the 29th. The last weekend of the month is my birthday so that would be a great birthday present for me. IPB Image
JB 914
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Jan 7 2005, 11:20 AM)
I'm in.  :D  Whats a Nicks. IPB Image
Joe

IPB Image Breakfast Burritos IPB Image

I'm in if my tranny is finished the rebuild........and i fix the brakes..................and the timing..................you mean Jan 2006 right?
Aaron Cox
i dont know what his issue about crossposting it here is IPB Image he doesnt like the 914 club IPB Image
Howard
The only time I've gotten any response from pp gang for fun runs is when it's posted on the 911 page. Their 914 page is usually just tech.
monkeywrench
I am up for it. Seal beach is a easy for me. lets do it. lots of good breakfast options. Nicks, Schooner or later, river's end cafe, Shorehouse cafe,
Brando
Count me in!

91 West -> 57 South -> 22 West - To Seal Beach, right?

22 West was a fun drive in my ghia a few years ago... I bet it'll be even more fun in a teener!
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 8 2005, 11:52 AM)
i dont know what his issue about crossposting it here is  :(  he doesnt like the 914 club IPB Image

Puzzy Porcupines
jim_hoyland
What's the latest on this ?
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 8 2005, 11:04 AM)
The only time I've gotten any response from pp gang for fun runs is when it's posted on the 911 page. Their 914 page is usually just tech.

Howard,

if you're going, let's convoy!

Carlos
DrifterJay
Count me in IPB Image
lagunero
Nick's burritos are one of the best anywhere!! Extra tasty if your BAC is still over .15

But you may want to bring a snack as they take forever! I can't see parking being easy but maybe things have changed.

Donut Derelict (my ..."zoolander") fill that center by 5:30 am.

I'm in (914less) for whatever you folks decide on.
jim_hoyland
22nd or 26th ?

The River In sounds better parking wise; that lot is huge and very uncrowded. The food there is good and you used to be able to park free if youu eat-or is it free anyway in the winter ?
spare time toys
QUOTE (DrifterJay @ Jan 15 2005, 03:31 PM)
Count me in IPB Image

Hey are you back state side? IPB Image
Duffster
22th-23th better than 28th-29th.
robert21old
IPB Image i will be there , just to see scotts car on the road
at last .

oracio
Aaron Cox
pick a date IPB Image
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 15 2005, 08:22 PM)
pick a date IPB Image

OOOOH I want Aaron to be my date....

NOT!!!!!!!!
JohnM
I'm in if weekend of 22/23. Replaced & relocated fuel pump. Replaced A/C compressor cut right forward engine tin and patched shelf cut. Need another 80 degree day to test the pump/vapor lock for sure but so far has been holding pressure well in factory 75/76 location under fuel tank. John
Sammy
This was posted on this site over a week ago:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=23527
SLITS
Well?
skline
Well? I will start a poll and see what the best date would be. My car will be in primer but I am sure nobody will care. So the choices are where to eat and what dates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.