Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Other Activities
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JStroud
Rob mentioned there is an indoor go cart track in Reno that we could make a drive to and have a track challange.
Or he also mentioned possible track time at Reno Fernley, or an AX at Stead.

Is there any interest in adding one of these as an activity, my only concern would be the time we have for setting up the track time or an AX, but since I've done neither I can't say for sure. The indoor kart track seems easy enough to set up, but is there enough interested?
My thoughts.
whatta ya think?

Jeff
JRust
Track is always cool in my eye's. Having said that there are a more limited number in our WCR groups. If it is a low key thing like a cart track I think it can work well. Even the folks not interested will most likely enjoy themselves just watching. The bigger part is the cost of it. If it can be done fairly cheap then it's a no brainer. If we are talking $1000+ then we'll have issues. So I'd try to get some rough idea on costs first
ConeDodger
Google Need 2 Speed in Reno. If you're interested I'll go talk to them. Pretty sure we could get our own race groups and a negotiated price... biggrin.gif

Plus, the drive to and from Reno can count as a drive. Windy mountain road over the highest pass in Tahoe at 8900'. I love this drive!
JStroud
I checked out their website, the cheapest group rate they have is $45 per person, with an eight person minimum. Might be able to get a better rate if we have enough people, didn't see a maximum. maybe Friday would be a good day for this, might not be as busy as a weekend day.

Might be worth looking into, would add an additional activity with a drive there and back. I agree Rob, the drive is nice, I lived in So lake Tahoe for 4 years, worked in boomtown for 8 months putting in the water lines, tanks, for the water system for the housing subdivision that is there now, what a great commute.

Jeff
JStroud
Soooo are we doing this?
ConeDodger
I'll stop by there tomorrow and report back here...
ConeDodger
Ok, Kart Racing...

I stopped by there and have tentatively scheduled a group event for the 23rd at 11:00am.

Participants can pay out of pocket at $45/person and get a 14 lap qualifier and a 16 lap main event or pay $60/person and get 12 practice laps, 14 lap qualifier and a 16 lap main event. Winner gets a medal...

Or, we can rent the track for $995 and get more time and no others between our qualifiers and main events.
JStroud
I thought WCR was 15 - 18th, not sure if the 23rd will work.
poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JStroud @ Mar 12 2014, 12:39 PM) *

I thought WCR was 15 - 18th, not sure if the 23rd will work.
poke.gif

My mistake. It doesn't matter though. I am waiting on you guys to decide if you want this on the schedule and then I will go back and book it...
JStroud
Sounds good to me, we could provide a list of other points of interest in the area, then those not racing or don't care to watch can still go on the drive and have other things to do while some race. then drive back as a group.
JStroud
So are we doing this.....need to get a schedule out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.