Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Bike Rack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
kkid
Hey bikers,

I have to let my bike rack go. It was made specifically for our car by HARDT. I bought it NOS 2 years ago and made some mods. I enlarged the openings in order for one side to accommodate a modern handle bar with a larger diameter. Installed only once but never got to use it since we bought a Prius and a Yakima rack for it. Don't really see myself driving my 914 with bikes on the top/back anymore.

So this will be yours.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It comes with all the necessary hardware and straps in the original box with the picture of our car. The rack still has a protective coating on them(you know the sticky staff?). Instruction included.

$60 + shipping (+ payplay fee if that how you will pay)

Thanks for looking,

kkid smile.gif
Ferg
Neato!
MikeInMunich
Too cool! Just one problem with it. If yer gonna wanna ride yer bike out in da country somewhere, yer most likely also gonna wanna take yer roof off before driving out there.

Like most things in life, it's tough to have it all. idea.gif

M.i.M.

smilie_flagge6.gif
Ferg
It works with roof off...

connects to 3 bolts under targa bar and protrudes rearward, handlebars slide into rack slots...

would be perfect for a car with rear rack for seat to rest on...

Tom_T
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 26 2014, 02:17 PM) *

connects to 3 bolts under targa bar and protrudes rearward, handlebars slide into rack slots...

agree.gif w/ Ferg - roof can even be taken off & put back on with most bikes in the rack....speaking from personal experience.

... and since they mount to the 3 holes under the roll bar for the handlebar bracket(s) & then with a pad/attachment-plate for the seat on top of the rear deck lid (unlike other bike & ski racks using the tow hook hole) - you can put on 2 - L & R to carry 2 bikes for you & passenger.

This one works, I've had one since the late 70's & used to use it a lot! smile.gif

They were $30-ish in `78 - so his price doesn't cover inflation over almost 40 years - let alone his work & materials for the mod!

Fair price & fair deal!

Although you may want to reconsider using the rack with your bikes on the 914 too Kid, as it's double the fun!! biggrin.gif

Good Luck Kid! beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
I will take it. PM sent aktion035.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 26 2014, 02:38 PM) *

You'll look real cool cruising up to Indiana Dunes with it & your bikes on the 914 this summer Garold! Have fun! piratenanner.gif
914bub
I'd love one of these if anyone else has one sitting around
kkid
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 26 2014, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 26 2014, 02:17 PM) *

agree.gif w/ Ferg - roof can even be taken off & put back on with most bikes in the rack....speaking from personal experience.

... and since they mount to the 3 holes under the roll bar for the handlebar bracket(s) & then with a pad/attachment-plate for the seat on top of the rear deck lid (unlike other bike & ski racks using the tow hook hole) - you can put on 2 - L & R to carry 2 bikes for you & passenger.

This one works, I've had one since the late 70's & used to use it a lot! smile.gif

They were $30-ish in `78 - so his price doesn't cover inflation over almost 40 years - let alone his work & materials for the mod!

Fair price & fair deal!

Although you may want to reconsider using the rack with your bikes on the 914 too Kid, as it's double the fun!! biggrin.gif

Good Luck Kid! beerchug.gif

Thanks for the help the other day and this time regarding the bike rack.

beerchug.gif

kkid smile.gif

kkid
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 26 2014, 02:38 PM) *

Thanks Garold, PM on its way.

kkid smile.gif
kkid
Sale pending...
kkid
Sold!!!
Tom_T
QUOTE(kkid @ Feb 26 2014, 07:22 PM) *

Thanks for the help the other day and this time regarding the bike rack.

beerchug.gif

kkid smile.gif

thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.