Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's being built
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Old Yella
You guys seen this photo?
Krieger
No. Great photo I think that Ghia is a 69/70 and Klaus has socks on with his sandals and overalls!
Krieger
Oops double
boxsterfan
Oh great, more fodder for the NARP crowd. dry.gif

Great photo!!
SirAndy
Only been posted about 300 times over the years ... biggrin.gif

Still a cool picture though!
driving.gif
cgnj
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 27 2014, 08:14 PM) *

No. Great photo I think that Ghia is a 69/70 and Klaus has socks on with his sandals and overalls!

German safety shoes?

SirAndy
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Feb 27 2014, 07:33 PM) *
Oh great, more fodder for the NARP crowd.

That picture is at the Karman factory where they were all made ...
poke.gif
URY914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 27 2014, 08:36 PM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Feb 27 2014, 07:33 PM) *
Oh great, more fodder for the NARP crowd.

That picture is at the Karman factory where they were all made ...
poke.gif

Maybe that is why they call that yellow car a KARMAN Ghia. confused24.gif w00t.gif
partwerks
Never seen that particular picture before. Be nice to have one of those 914's fresh off the line with no rust issues. Shiny trunks, engine bay, clean under carriage. Never hurts to dream.

Wiring under the dash that doesn't look like a jungle.......
KELTY360
So, they started out on jackstands.....explains a lot. shades.gif
dw914six
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 27 2014, 08:45 PM) *

So, they started out on jackstands.....explains a lot. shades.gif

beer.gif now that is too funny! lol-2.gif
SirAndy
So, they started out on jackstands.....

And body colored bumpers ... shades.gif
ConeDodger
Hey! Mine is the fifth one back! biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 27 2014, 09:28 PM) *

So, they started out on jackstands.....

And body colored bumpers ... shades.gif

biggrin.gif
JawjaPorsche
Rare Aubergine 914 in background.
maf914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 27 2014, 07:14 PM) *

That is a great photo. Somehow I missed it if it was posted 300 times previously. laugh.gif

I would love to take a few cars off that assembly line. wub.gif

Regarding the socks and sandals, when I worked in Germany in the 80's that was a common combo for Germans and other Europeans, even with office style clothing. I always thought it was practical for the cool European weather in spring and summer. As a result, years later, I've been known to wear socks with my sandals in the winter here in the Southeast. We don't need no fashion police! laugh.gif
76-914
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 28 2014, 05:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 27 2014, 07:14 PM) *

That is a great photo. Somehow I missed it if it was posted 300 times previously. laugh.gif

I would love to take a few cars off that assembly line. wub.gif

Regarding the socks and sandals, when I worked in Germany in the 80's that was a common combo for Germans and other Europeans, even with office style clothing. I always thought it was practical for the cool European weather in spring and summer. As a result, years later, I've been known to wear socks with my sandals in the winter here in the Southeast. We don't need no fashion police! laugh.gif

My wife calls me Hans when I do that. sad.gif
pt_700
what's wrong with socks with sandals?

Click to view attachment
zambezi
Most definitely an early photo. Those cars on the assembly line (Ghias and bugs) are 1969 models. Not 1970 models made in 1969, but actual 1969 models. The bullet turn signals were last used in 1969 for Ghias. The 1970 models had the squarish wrap around lenses. So those 914's must have been made very early or could they even be some of the prototype models? If those Ghias being built are still 1969 models then it must be early in 1969 to still be making the 1969 model because later in the year they should have been building 1970 model cars.
KELTY360
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Feb 28 2014, 10:00 AM) *

Click to view attachment

In this context, footwear doesn't even register on the barf.gif meter.
wndsnd
No one seems to be working on the teens,

priorities......

biggrin.gif
914itis
Funny you say that. They look like the stepchild.
Well they were confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(zambezi @ Feb 28 2014, 10:14 AM) *

Most definitely an early photo. Those cars on the assembly line (Ghias and bugs) are 1969 models. Not 1970 models made in 1969, but actual 1969 models. The bullet turn signals were last used in 1969 for Ghias. The 1970 models had the squarish wrap around lenses. So those 914's must have been made very early or could they even be some of the prototype models? If those Ghias being built are still 1969 models then it must be early in 1969 to still be making the 1969 model because later in the year they should have been building 1970 model cars.

Oh Hell No! You did not say prototype in here! blink.gif happy11.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Feb 28 2014, 04:44 AM) *

Rare Aubergine 914 in background.

Hard to tell if it's Aubergine, Lilac, or some other color, even in this larger image:

IPB Image
injunmort
seems like they are even putting one together with the factory installed rust. fourth one on the left
mepstein
i'm sure its been mentioned before but there are a lot of ghosts in the picture.
zambezi
I also find it suspect that the 914's off to the side are not in any rush to be worked on as if they truly are early builds. Another interesting note is they are all different colors (aside from the 2 red ones) where as the normal production line runs in batches, as any normal mass producing company does. Note the Volkswagen line has 3 red cars one blue and all the others are the same yellow color. This also makes me think these are meant to be a set of pre-production cars meant for press use or something similar like getting ready for some advertising shoots.
SirAndy
And the matching overspray on the rolling dollies indicates that they had just recently come out of the paint booth ...
idea.gif
jaxdream
All the Beetles , and Ghia seem to be on a yellow brick " road " !!!! lol-2.gif

Jack
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Feb 28 2014, 12:00 PM) *

IPB Image

This is soooo getting photoshopped in the sandbox. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.