Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
What came on the 911T's as the S option? Hard to get some decent information. O yea My 911 is a 1970 if that makes any difference.
Thanks,
Barry Fuller
seanery
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jan 7 2005, 09:32 AM)
What came on the 911T's as the S option?

911T and 911S are mutually exclusive...like Carerra 2 and Carerra 4...different model designations.

911Ss have a higher compression, better breathing motor, different trim inside the cabin and other options.
911Ts were an entry level 911, they typically had minimum trim inside and the lowest hp motor available, hubcaps instead of wheels, etc....
swood
The birdboard has a pretty good synopsis printed up of the 911's just search around. I've been eyeing a '71 t that is real clean, but not sure what it's value is.

Check this out
brant
I've also seen T cars that had certain parts of the S trim option.. Not the motor or suspension, but some of the body molding and front valance...

Of course the car I'm thinking about is a grey market, so that might be the reason..

brant
johnlush
Do you mean the "S" appearance package? My '70T had that and included different dash guages, aluminum rocker panel trim, and 6x15 Fuchs.
grasshopper
Yes I mean the "S" Appearance package. Sorry that I did not make that clear
campbellcj
Other options were aluminum wheel arch trim, and Recaro sport seats. The S-style bumper and rocker decos were different (wider rubber strips). I believe you could also order the "S" suspension with Bilstein struts, swaybars, and upgraded brakes on the T and E models. Most T's had Boge struts, "M" calipers (3") and no swaybars. Just like today, you had a lot of configuration flexibility in ordering a Porsche...
Eric_Shea
IPB Image

In basic terms that option package was:

* S Instrumentation
* Wider Deco
* Aluminum Rocker Trim

I don't believe the 15" wheels were parts of the "Package" but they may have been an additional check box option. The S-front spoiler was also not in the package. Most of the items listed above "could have been" added by checking a box but they were's part of the "S appearence package"

Mine was a 71T with that option and it came with the T spoiler and the comfort group alloys (5.5x14")
Eric_Shea
Here's a pic before the RS conversion with a factory fiberglass S-bumper added (rare option that I found at a local race shop... heavy)
grasshopper
Thanks for the info. It was greatly appreciated
boxstr
Eric, I always heard that the "factory" front S spoilers were steel, which they were on the three 911Ts I have owned. Fiberglass was an aftermarket item.
CCLINCAMP911
grasshopper
I just asked another person and they agree that the factory one was steel
Mueller
Barry,

are you aware of this site??

911T Registry

My father-in-law has a '70 911T...nice cars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.