Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 Porsche 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gcrotvik
Matching numbers. Color change.

No affiliation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231168102834?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390780585510?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Gustl
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 28 2014, 02:56 PM) *

No affiliation.

does anybody know the VIN of this silver six ...?

Big Len
I'm stunned by the bidding prices for non original cars wow. The 911 bubble has hit?
dug
Based on my informal observation of 914-6 sales prices over the last 5 years, I believe the current color has more to do with the price than originality. Silver, Signal Orange, Tangerine and Yellow cars original or not sell for 10-15k more than Irish Green and Light Ivory cars. Rarer colors also sell well, but there isn't enough data to call it a trend. Numbers matching cars also sell well. Given the cost to repaint, a car in the color you like, original or not, is worth a lot to people.

budk
QUOTE(dug @ Mar 2 2014, 07:15 AM) *

Based on my informal observation of 914-6 sales prices over the last 5 years, I believe the current color has more to do with the price than originality. Silver, Signal Orange, Tangerine and Yellow cars original or not sell for 10-15k more than Irish Green and Light Ivory cars. Rarer colors also sell well, but there isn't enough data to call it a trend. Numbers matching cars also sell well. Given the cost to repaint, a car in the color you like, original or not, is worth a lot to people.

I believe the color has nothing to do with the price of a 914-6 car.... there are too few of them available for the color to affect the price.
PancakePorsche
QUOTE(budk @ Mar 2 2014, 06:16 AM) *

QUOTE(dug @ Mar 2 2014, 07:15 AM) *

I believe the color has nothing to do with the price of a 914-6 car.... there are too few of them available for the color to affect the price.

I agree.
With so many of the survivors getting flares, big non-original engines, or race treatment, any un-molested example will continue to hold it's own as far as value and continue to rise accordingly. These cars are elite and get high wow factor when you drive or show one. I thought there was a "bubble about to burst" when nice examples were selling for $12K in the mid 90's
lalee914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 28 2014, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 28 2014, 02:56 PM) *

No affiliation.

does anybody know the VIN of this silver six ...?

The VIN on this car is 9140432089
gcrotvik
Didn't sell.

Current (final) bid: US $71,600.00
Reserve price not met
[ 20 bids ]
gcrotvik
I find it very interesting that both these cars didn't sell in their initial offering because the reserve was higher than the bids. But, both cars are now listed as But-It-Now for 74K or best offer. If I was truly interested in either car, the difference between the bids and the Reserve was only 2.4K. For a 75K car/sale that's peanuts! (in for a penny, in for a pound at that point).

So the bottom line it seems is that someone is just bidding up these cars. That's a bummer. That's a false inflation of the price. Not to say that they aren't worth 75K.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 7 2014, 08:32 AM) *

I find it very interesting that both these cars didn't sell in their initial offering because the reserve was higher than the bids. But, both cars are now listed as But-It-Now for 74K or best offer. If I was truly interested in either car, the difference between the bids and the Reserve was only 2.4K. For a 75K car/sale that's peanuts! (in for a penny, in for a pound at that point).

So the bottom line it seems is that someone is just bidding up these cars. That's a bummer. That's a false inflation of the price. Not to say that they aren't worth 75K.

You can't prove that statement. The bidders stopped bidding. That sets a price in the ebay market. Actually if both cars stopped getting bids around the same amount it would further enforce the ceiling in the 914-6 ebay market. If you were bidding and knew the reserve was in reach you may have continued another 2400.00. But that's how it is with an unknown reserve. That's ebay.
Towarish
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 5 2014, 02:01 PM) *

Didn't sell.

Reserve price not met
[ 20 bids ]

Well this car was f/s in 2011 for 37.900, so the price doubled in 3 years ???
MMW
QUOTE(Towarish @ Mar 28 2014, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 5 2014, 02:01 PM) *

Didn't sell.

Reserve price not met
[ 20 bids ]

Well this car was f/s in 2011 for 37.900, so the price doubled in 3 years ???

Until it sells at that price you can't say it doubled. Anyone can ask double what the car last sold for but does not make it so. On the other hand if enough sellers ask high prices people will start to believe that is what they are worth. Sixes in general have shot up in price lately. Judging by the final bid though someone was willing to pay a lot.
mepstein
a huge percentage of bids on ebay are shill bids. Just like the big auctions.

whenever money is involved, there will be fraud.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 28 2014, 05:47 AM) *

a huge percentage of bids on ebay are shill bids. Just like the big auctions.

whenever money is involved, there will be fraud.

agree.gif

To easy for that kind of fraud on eBay. Just have your friends bid it up. If they end up winning by accident, no big deal. List the car again in a week.
gcrotvik
The silver 6 is back on the market: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...=US_Cars_Trucks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.