Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: SoCal Auction of San Onofre Nuclear plant industrial equipment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AE354803
http://www.mriauctions.com/auction-nuclear...rating-station/

Looks like San Onofre is liquidating its industrial equipment, for any of our SoCal members who need heavier industrial equipment this will be a good opportunity.

The machinery there was very well maintained and I have a feeling you would have a hard time finding cleaner examples of this equipment, especially for sale.

Just figured I'd pass it along.

Andy
JamesM
They finally shut that place down huh? I remember going to high school in Huntington Beach we had a couple meltdown drills as my schools field was supposed to be used as some sort of decontamination location in the case of an event at the plant.

Wonder how much of this stuff is glowing? poke.gif
AE354803
All of the equipment they're selling is from the non-contaminated area (cold machine shop), they have never been exposed to any contaminated materials or increased radiation levels.

The contaminated "hot" machine shop equipment will have to stay on site for a while and then end up in one of the radioactive dumps, probably in Nevada or Utah.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(AE354803 @ Feb 28 2014, 11:53 AM) *

All of the equipment they're selling is from the non-contaminated area (cold machine shop), they have never been exposed to any contaminated materials or increased radiation levels.

The contaminated "hot" machine shop equipment will have to stay on site for a while and then end up in one of the radioactive dumps in Nevada or Utah.

blink.gif
914_teener
I'm thinking they should discount the stuff to the rate payers who fronted the cost to repair the tubes in Unit 2 .........which then failed.

914_teener
QUOTE(AE354803 @ Feb 28 2014, 11:53 AM) *

The contaminated "hot" machine shop equipment will have to stay on site for a while and then end up in one of the radioactive dumps, probably in Nevada or Utah.

It is all staying there (including the fuel for its half life and to cool off) for the unforeseeable future. There is no "dump" in Nevada to take it to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.