Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat bracket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
IPB Image Well, the "seat saga" is developing. It seems every time I do an upgrade/repair something goes awry!!! GRRRRRR IPB Image

After the New Year's Hangover rally, everything was good. Monday, I got into the car and it appears the bracket that holds the OEM seat rails in place busted. I'm talking about the "hinge" type bracket. It seems the pin didn't go through both sides and my portly size didn't help much so it busted.

Is there a way to replace that "hinge bracket" without welding???

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Carlos
SLITS
Nope..........just did it.
Carlitos Way
You mean I gotta weld it?
Dave_Darling
Yup. IPB Image

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jan 7 2005, 11:14 AM)
Yup. IPB Image

BTDT ...

it's pretty easy, actually. well, if you have a welder handy ...
IPB Image Andy
SLITS
Sounds like you need to hire an engineer....I think A-aron Admin is available....He'll do a stress study and then present a 50 page engineering study on why you shouldn't sit in that seat, but for a measly 3 Trillion, he can design a structure that will not only support your weight, but that of the world's troubles too. However, it will not be waterproof. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 7 2005, 01:22 PM)
Sounds like you need to hire an engineer....I think A-aron Admin is available....He'll do a stress study and then present a 50 page engineering study on why you shouldn't sit in that seat, but for a measly 3 Trillion, he can design a structure that will not only support your weight, but that of the world's troubles too.  However, it will not be waterproof. IPB Image

hahahah LMAO IPB Image IPB Image

hell for 5 bucks ill tell you your fat. IPB Image

hey carlos IPB Image IPB Image
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 7 2005, 01:01 PM)

hell for 5 bucks ill tell you your fat.  :D

hey carlos  :wavey:   IPB Image

I'll save my money and tell myself: Appropriate vehicle size = SUV.

Why is it that some of us insist on driving vehicles that are inversely proportional to our size/weight?

I hate to admit it... but I have been beat. I saw a woman driving in to work in a Miata. No easy feat for someone who weighs over 300 lbs (I'm still hovering between 200-220).

It just seems every time I lose weight I find it... IPB Image BEHIND ME!!! IPB Image

So.. back to the thread... who wants to help????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.