Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lights of set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I squared up my light covers but now one is not shutting down enough and the other is shutting to much ,how do you adjust them to close flush ,also at the back of the light bucket there is a large screw what is this for
Thanks
toolguy
once the doors are lined up. you adjust the headlight motors to set the full close position. . see the 3 mounting Allen bolts. . . then adjust the stop bolts to set the full up.[ I think this is what you are calling the big bolts at the read of the body bucket] . the linkage arm must be at full forward and full rear { that would be 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions when the motor stops both up and down ] .

Watch out for fingers. . the motor will take off and run by itself if you turn the black knob at the rear of each motor more than a few turns.
cal914
Where abouts are the 3 mounting allen bolts
Thanks
toolguy
they hold on the motor gearbox to the headlight bucket rear upright. . under the black plastic covers. . . . . .
with the headlight switch in the OFF position, the motor "parks' itself at the full down position due to 'off' contacts inside the motor gearbox. . . 'UP" is 180 degrees gearbox rotation from that. . . you can really get hurt if the motor starts to run. . that's why it is best you pull the motor relays while you do this. . . with the relay's out, you can turn the manual black motor knobs . . . there is also a correct position for the motor linkage arm to fit on the splines of the gearbox shaft. . it belongs in the 9 and 3 o'clock position with the motor stopped full up and full down.
76-914
With the hood open, look beside each lamp. It is the piece that the rotating arm goes thru. There is another one on the other end of the arm. It is in the wheel well and has 2 not 3 bolts. Not unusual to find pan head bolts substituted here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.