Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does no one ever want to keep this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I like the color.
914forme
Nice car, if you built it for you. But its not an original -6, and while it is nice an no expense spared, in my mind there are a lot of cars that compete at this coin level, that are more collectible. And while there is no signs of rust, I see plenty signs of its repair. Thats just my quick take on the car.
boxsterfan
What seats are those?
ndfrigi
So this is the same car that was sold last 2012 and then made some additional to the car like, seats, carpet, dash gauges, front and rear trunk carpeted, replaced steering wheel and many more and now again on ebay?

What's wrong with the car and less than 2 years owner is selling it also?

Looks a very nice car although not original 6.
Big Len
Much more of a restomod than a tribute.
orthobiz
I read Sports Car Market and it's surprising how many cars are bought and sold with frequency. I don't feel that being put up for sale means there's anything wrong with the car. Not everybody loves and cherishes these things the way we do!

Paul
Shindog1961
Like those seats also!
boxstr
Seats look like the Le mans seats by GTS.
Craig at CAMP
sdthomas
slits scottklein danroot camp914 headrage renovegas scooter

So that's at least seven world members who have previously owned it. How far can it go?
PanelBilly
Maybe we should do a group buy and take turns throwing money at it
rick 918-S
Anyone notice the fuggly welds on the right rail and the missing triangle and check set?
X911IC
Looks like whoever bought it two years ago has put some serious money into it with the power mirrors and windows, seats, dash, carpeting, etc. The original ebay auction said sold for $17.2k.

I am about to repaint my car the original silver, but that is a very nice color, especially with the matching valances. May have to reconsider my paint scheme. IMHO, very clean car with some pretty nice features.
Dave_Darling
The rear lid gap is uneven on the left. It looks as if the lid doesn't shut well there. It may be the camera angle, but it looks like the driver's door has a larger gap at the top than the bottom as well.

Those may be hints of problems further inside... (Or they may be trivial and I'm reading too much into them.)

--DD
Spoke
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 3 2014, 12:33 AM) *

Anyone notice the fuggly welds on the right rail and the missing triangle and check set?

Yeah and what's with the bolts under the car where the seats attach. Maybe for the custom seats? Spend a few minutes and weld the bolts on to clean up the bottom.

I'd buy it but the headers don't have heat exchangers. Got to have heat here in PA. smile.gif
CptTripps
Watch the YouTube video of the walk-around. At the very end, he says "This is probably my favorite car int he collection". Vid was shot in January...this year.

All I know is...that's a LOT of carpet!
Chris H.

That's what HE said.... w00t.gif

Funny that the e-bay ad says...

"The above links are well worth a look because exceptional automobiles such as this rarely come along."

I remember Root doing that car and the subsequent owners spending money on it. Can't be that bad can it?
AE354803
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Mar 3 2014, 05:10 AM) *

Watch the YouTube video of the walk-around. At the very end, he says "This is probably my favorite car int he collection". Vid was shot in January...this year.

Look at the 928 (I think) in the background, may just be the picture but the stance on that thing looks a bit negative
jfort
Like the color. About the same as mine! I noticed the rear hood and the door, too. But, if the engine is OK and you recognize it for what it is, enjoy driving it. It will be fun to drive. Ask me how I know. It's not, like mine, a collector car. There's something refreshing about that.
TargaToy
How do ya close the doors if the windows are up? I mean besides pulling by the top of the glass itself, which I would not want to do.
sixnotfour
when Scootersteattle sold it

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=188772&hl=
sixnotfour
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-6-916-...=US_Cars_Trucks
rsrguy3
It sold. Nice price too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.