Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Cover $25 each -Part number 914 611 116 00
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I found one more that appears to have been used with some minor scratches

They are NLA according to the Porsche dealer I called. $25 shipped.

Bruce
orthobiz
Which years used these covers and which batteries do they fit? My 76 had a much bigger, thinner looking cover. Specifically, did my 74 have this cover retrofitted as part of the recall?

Paul
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 3 2014, 03:47 PM) *

Which years used these covers and which batteries do they fit? My 76 had a much bigger, thinner looking cover. Specifically, did my 74 have this cover retrofitted as part of the recall?

Paul

Paul it is my understanding that these are the early style covers that fit the original battery from Gremany. They had a black rubber band that held the cover on. The recall had a larger cover that covered the complete top of the USA battery. I could be wrong. I'm trying to find my info I saved on these from years ago. Either way I have asked Bruce for one. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 3 2014, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 3 2014, 03:47 PM) *

Paul

Paul it is my understanding that these are the early style covers that fit the original battery from Gremany. They had a black rubber band that held the cover on. The recall had a larger cover that covered the complete top of the USA battery. I could be wrong. I'm trying to find my info I saved on these from years ago. Either way I have asked Bruce for one. beerchug.gif

Paul,
It fits my Energizer #547 battery which has a top area of 6-1/2" x 9-!/2" Not sure how you can get a bigger battery in there as mine fills the battery tray.
Bruce
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I'll take one Bruce- please tell me how to pay.
Thanks!

Andrew
FourteenFour
I'll take one as well.
Andrew
bdstone914
Bump,
Found another one.
Old Yella
If you still have the cover I'll take it Bruce along with the front trunk floor plug.

I just found the factory rubber band.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 8 2014, 02:10 PM) *

Bump,
Found another one.

bdstone914
Bump,
Found another one.
backcove
I'll take it. PM sent.
Old Yella
Hi
Not trying to hijack Bruce's post but I have been asked to post the rubber band which goes with the battery tray. It was in the trunk of my 76 car when I bought it.

This might be of interest to Bruce as well.

Must say I don't know how it fits on as I don't have the tray as yet.

The rubber band is 66mm long, 10mm wide and 2mm thick.

Hope this helps anyone who may want to reproduce it.
backcove
I've seen NOS battery cover straps for sale on eBay that are round rather than flat bands. I think the part number is 010409549B. What's correct?
bdstone914
I did not see the post in the ad before I replied to Backcove's PM.
I will refund the money to Backcove and sell to Old Yella as he di respond first.

Bruce
mepstein
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Mar 9 2014, 02:10 AM) *

Hi
Not trying to hijack Bruce's post but I have been asked to post the rubber band which goes with the battery tray. It was in the trunk of my 76 car when I bought it.

That would be a 2 minute job if you went into a bike shop and asked for a rubber rim strip. It would have a seam where you cut and glued to get the proper length but otherwise would look the same.
Old Yella
Closest thing would be to cut a strip out of a car inner tube.

Also, thanks Bruce, send me the total with postage and I'll pay pal the money.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 9 2014, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Old Yella @ Mar 9 2014, 02:10 AM) *

Hi

That would be a 2 minute job if you went into a bike shop and asked for a rubber rim strip. It would have a seam where you cut and glued to get the proper length but otherwise would look the same.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.