Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 Porsche 914 w/ 400hp Vortec 350 V8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
EthanBlack
1971 Porsche 914 with 1995 Vortec 350ci (5.7L) V8 purchased originally as a v6 4.3L which has been converted to a v8. All the V8 stuff is brand new from Renegade and KEP.

Chassis was repainted by the previous owner which needs to be redone with small dents and things addressed. Not sure what the previous color was but I would assume it was black as I cannot find traces of any other color. Battery tray was completely gone but the longs look good.

Motor was purchased running from a 1995 truck which was consequently pulled apart and converted to carb utilizing Edelbrock intake manifold and carburetor. Has an aggressive street cam (you can hear it lope quite nicely), no name long tube headers and a magnaflow C5 corvette exhaust system with center exit. Motor runs beautifully...

Adapter stuff: Renegade mounting kit, KEP adapter with 9" clutch, aluminum radiator that's been shrouded with (2) electric fans that run constantly and a Meziere#680-WP337Sv electric water pump. The car always runs 180* or below

Interior: Interior is okay, needs carpet but the seats and the dash are good if you ignore the stainless steel lower dash thing that the previous owner put for some reason.

Car is fast to say the least however 2nd gear grinds for some reason and I for the life of me I cannot adjust it to stop. Comes with turbo tie rods that I have not installed as well as an extra axle. I'm just looking for an ass-dragger now evilgrin.gif

$8000 obo (located in Diamond Bar CA)

(949)610-5340 Direct Cell
Ethan

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Pantera
Car looks nice, can you tell me if there have been any brake, steering, suspension or chassis mods to take the extra power or is it all stock? Does 2nd gear crunch just when it is selected or all the time?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.