Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sun visor rebuild group buy need to do 20 sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mikey914
There seems to be enough interest to put another one of these together.

You would be looking at a high quality vinyl that would be stitched on the edges. I know the OEM was thermally bonded, but the cost to set up and do that would double the cost at less that 100 sets. So, they're not exactly like OEM, but they will have the mirror sewn in like the OEM.

I will also make new visor clips available if you wish for $50 a set of all 3. These are the ones with the stainless pins. This will be only to those that are in on the visor refurb deal.

Just chime in on the thread here to get yourself on the list. As soon as it looks like we've got the 20 sets, I'll send the details.

The price for vinyl is $104 with your cores. Please send stripped as shown or there is an additional $10 in cost (any it costs you more to ship). This price is + shipping back at cost. Figure about $10 domestic give or take a few bucks.
rmdinmd
Mine need it bad biggrin.gif so I am in for one.
bulitt
I'm in for one set!
andys
I need mine done, so put me in for a set (black). What's the lead time?

Thanks,

Andys
Sprovost
Please count me in for 1 set also.

Thanks,

Scott
GaroldShaffer
I would be in a for a set.
sbsix
I am in for a set, too.
ehokana
I'd be in for a set too
ehokana
I'd be in for a set too

Sorry for the double post- 'm still getting used to this touch screen
Mikey914
QUOTE(andys @ Mar 5 2014, 11:05 AM) *

I need mine done, so put me in for a set (black). What's the lead time?

Thanks,

Andys

It really depends on when we hit 20.
Thy all have to be done together, so if guess we could start in 2-3 weeks, and it would be 2 weeks from there.
The big issue is I need 20 sets in hand to start.
sbsix
Mark my guess is that there are hundreds of 914s that need new visors. I don't know where anyone could get a set these days. I've been searching for a set for years to replace mine. At your price, its a no brainer.
Scott S
Wow - those look great!
You wouldnt happen to be able to a set for a 911 would you??
andys
BTW Mark,

Shouldn't the mirror flap be hinged on the other (bottom) side? You'd want the flap hang down and uncover the mirror without the need to otherwise hold it up. To me, your setup looks upside down.

Andys
Mikey914
QUOTE(andys @ Mar 5 2014, 11:57 AM) *

BTW Mark,

Shouldn't the mirror flap be hinged on the other (bottom) side? You'd want the flap hang down and uncover the mirror without the need to otherwise hold it up. To me, your setup looks upside down.

Andys

Its a passenger side mirror
bandjoey
In if I can find another core. Using right visor now on drivers side just to have one. Check tonight and let u know.
andys
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 5 2014, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(andys @ Mar 5 2014, 11:57 AM) *

BTW Mark,

Andys

Its a passenger side mirror

Mark,

Yeah, I know it's the pass side, but help me out....Maybe I'm having a senior moment here, but the the photo shows the visor(s) in their mounted and pulled down orientation, correct?

Andys
boogie_man
Will you please stop doing this, every time I think I have all I needed from you, you go and change the game LOL.....great work Mikey !!!!! Can they be done in leather covering instead ???

Thanks

Scott
75-914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 5 2014, 10:36 AM) *

There seems to be enough interest to put another one of these together.

You would be looking at a high quality vinyl that would be stitched on the edges. I know the OEM was thermally bonded, but the cost to set up and do that would double the cost at less that 100 sets. So, they're not exactly like OEM, but they will have the mirror sewn in like the OEM.

I will also make new visor clips available if you wish for $50 a set of all 3. These are the ones with the stainless pins. This will be only to those that are in on the visor refurb deal.

Just chime in on the thread here to get yourself on the list. As soon as it looks like we've got the 20 sets, I'll send the details.

The price for vinyl is $99 with your cores. Please send stripped as shown or there is an additional $8 in cost (any it costs you more to ship). This price is + shipping back at cost. Figure about $10 domestic give or take a few bucks.

Count me in. I want a set. Let me know when where and how much. Thanks!
ConeDodger
I can attest to the quality. I was in on the first group buy and they are outstanding! smilie_pokal.gif
rktmn247
I'm in for a set plus visor clips. Thanks Mark!
'73-914kid
Yes Please....
75porsche914
I'm in for a set Mike. Also I will be in contact next week to order seals. I'm doing a complete re-paint. I don't need all the seals in the complete seal package Sao hoping for some help.

Also, any news on the dash? I have a 75 and the interior is the next stage.
Mikey914
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Mar 5 2014, 12:30 PM) *

Will you please stop doing this, every time I think I have all I needed from you, you go and change the game LOL.....great work Mikey !!!!! Can they be done in leather covering instead ???

Thanks

Scott

Yes they can be done in leather, but it will be extra, I'll have to see what the additional cost is.
-Mark
AZ914
I'm in please.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(andys @ Mar 5 2014, 01:57 PM) *

BTW Mark,

Andys

agree.gif the visor is shown in the down position. The flap should be down when open too.
black73
Put me down for a set w/clips. Now I just have to find my cores! wacko.gif
76-914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 5 2014, 03:36 PM) *

QUOTE(andys @ Mar 5 2014, 01:57 PM) *

BTW Mark,

Andys

agree.gif the visor is shown in the down position. The flap should be down when open too.

agree.gif There isn't enough room to open one against the roof and one would have to pin it or hold it up in order to use.
napasteve
One set please + clips
somd914
Perfect! Count me in for a set
walterolin
One set for me!

Thanks
Olin
02loftsmoor
Mikey put me down WEs
SKL1
I'd be in for two but only have a driver's side core- passenger side was in bad shape and lost during restoration sad.gif
e_artiles
Please add me for one set.
MoveQik
I need visors so badly. However, I don't have cores. Anyone have a set I could buy? Also, any chance to get them just solid with no mirror? I know....I know...high maintenance. rolleyes.gif
napasteve
I like MoveQik's idea: no mirror on the passenger side and no pouch on the drivers side. Keep things simple. If it's too much of a PITA to do I understand.
Harpo
Count me in for a set with clips.

Thanks

David
mepstein
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 5 2014, 08:31 PM) *

I need visors so badly. However, I don't have cores. Anyone have a set I could buy? Also, any chance to get them just solid with no mirror? I know....I know...high maintenance. rolleyes.gif

Michael - Your build was one of the conversions that inspired me. PM me your adress and I will send you a set of cores.
Dtjaden
I'm in for a set. If leather is reasonable I might go for that as an option.
craig downs
I missed the last one and wish I got in on it. So yes I'm in for a set as mine are in sad shape
HarveyH
Count me in too, no clips.

I tried to order earlier this afternoon but headbang.gif Comcast decided to upgrade something. 5 hours or so on the phone and we still can't get the modem to recognize the router ar15.gif

Let me know when and where to mail the cores.
Harvey
wes
I'm in for one but would like leather as a first choice depending on $$
r3dplanet
I'm in for one set with clips. Yay!
wndsnd
Im infor a set Mark.

Thanks
John
larryg
Hey Mike, I'm in. Larry G.
JStroud
I'm in, one set, maybe two.

Jeff
lonewolfe
I'd like a pair with the visor clips too!
nihil44
Mark,

One set plus clips. I reside in the underside of the world where we drive on the left hand side of the road so it is OK if the mirror is on the US driver's side.

Will strip cores this weekend and send them to you.

Thanks

David
Harpo
Looks like we have 33 members signed up. I better strip mine down this weekend and send them in

Dave
michael7810
I'm in for a set with clips. Thanks
rfinegan
I would like in on the visor rebuild too. Let me know shipping details

-Robert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.