Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT fun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
way to much work

Who says engineers have too much time on their hands ?

This is the New Honda Commercial in the U.K. Go to this website (the link is at the bottom of this page) and watch this commercial....you won't believe it! There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it.

The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day.

The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete, including a full engineering the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes long, so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime.

However, it is fast becoming the most down-loaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free" viewings (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).

When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation-including the costs. There are six and only six handmade Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film.

Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.

Oh! And about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit weird in the commercial.

Just one-second of computer generation is used to link the two halves when an exhaust pipe rolls across the floor. At one point, three tires roll uphill because inside they have been weighted with bolts and screws.

http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/cs...03/honda_ad.swf
Brando
I call bullshit. It's all CGI.

Besides that, OLD. IPB Image

PS: Weighted tires don't roll uphill.
dlo914
IPB Image it's about 2 years old...
bernbomb914
Gee I am sorry Guys I thought some of you might enjoy it. I wont do it again IPB Image

Bernie
Howard
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Jan 7 2005, 08:25 PM)
Gee I am sorry Guys I thought some of you might enjoy it. I wont do it again IPB Image

Bernie

Hey Bernie, you stoopid, too? Nice group, eh? IPB Image
Allan
1st time for me so it was cool. Although 2 minutes of my life I will never get back!!

Cool though!!
iiibdsiil
I'm pretty sure Jesus showed that to the Apostles, but I could be mistaken.
skline
Hey Bernie, F*&$ them, I liked it and have never seen it. Tell them all to go copulate themselves.

Thanks for the link Bernie. IPB Image
Lou W
First time that I've ever saw it , I thought it was good. IPB Image
dlo914
IPB Image i R sorry, i didnt mean to IPB Image anyone....apologies again.
Brando
nothin to apologize for, it's a cool vid! But in no way real IPB Image
SLITS
Hey Bernie, you and I are old enough to tell them all to FO and not give a damn. You need to get over your "nice guy" persona and become an asshole like Howie, I and Mike Zits. You were invited into the old A$$hole club at the WCC04.

A-aron, Brando, MattR, and the rest are still apprentices. If I forgot someone, to effin bad.

Keep posting. When they ask a question or put their car up for sale, we'll trash the hell outta them. We even put Scott in line IPB Image

P.S. ......I'm snowed in and my attitude is likey to really get bad before I can shovel my way outta my house. Got 4 - 5' on the ground and it's still snowing.
914GT
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 8 2005, 11:52 AM)
nothin to apologize for, it's a cool vid! But in no way real

According to Snopes , it was not computer generated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.