Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: NOS fenders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
I'm not sure I will really need them but I'm putting out feelers. I'm interested in a set of NOS fenders. I know AA has them but I don't think $ 500.00 each over Porsche last listed retail price is a fair margin. But that's just me.

Any leads appreciated.
I have a NOS European left front ....but have no real idea what the factory list is and what the current market is. Are they NLA now?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 7 2014, 10:54 AM) *

I have a NOS European left front ....but have no real idea what the factory list is and what the current market is. Are they NLA now?

What was the last dealer price ?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 7 2014, 10:21 AM) *

I'm not sure I will really need them but I'm putting out feelers. I'm interested in a set of NOS fenders. I know AA has them but I don't think $ 500.00 each over Porsche last listed retail price is a fair margin. But that's just me.

Any leads appreciated.

What was the last dealer price ?
rick 918-S
I'm trying to verify what I was told is true.

I have heard others have purchased fenders for $ 500.00 each.

I'm not going to say what I was told by AA because I found it to be an outrageous retail number and not believable. You and I all know there is a big difference in pricing from the dealer. They use a sliding scale depending on your volume.

I'm willing to pay a FAIR price.

mepstein
Rick - Have you called a dealer. Once in a while their parts guys can track down an nla part. Maybe buy a SW roller?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 7 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Rick - Have you called a dealer. Once in a while their parts guys can track down an nla part. Maybe buy a SW roller?

I'm half heartedly looking. I haven't tried the dealer yet. I have a couple contacts looking for rust free rollers I could strip but that's another project. When I get going on the 6 I bought from Ethan I want to have parts ready in case need them. Hell I would take a couple of rust free used fenders too. confused24.gif
sixnotfour
I bought the L and R, plus half a wheel house for $800 a year ago,
I also bought a left rear quarter for $1200...patience is a virtue..

I saw someone here has a front for $1000....
CMONNETT
NOS fenders have been unavailable for a while now. I just checked the stock locator and not a single dealer shows any in stock. The last dealer list price was $1149.25.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Mar 11 2014, 09:47 AM) *

NOS fenders have been unavailable for a while now. I just checked the stock locator and not a single dealer shows any in stock. The last dealer list price was $1149.25.

Thanks for checking. I suspected AA was lying. He told me the last price was $ 1800.00 and he wants $ 2200.00 each. jerkit.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 16 2014, 10:25 AM) *

I don't quite get it. By the time you weld it on, do the bodywork and paint, it's no longer nos. What's the difference from taking one off a non running car? The rest of the 914-6 sheetmetal isn't nos
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 16 2014, 08:28 AM) *

I don't quite get it. By the time you weld it on, do the bodywork and paint, it's no longer nos. What's the difference from taking one off a non running car? The rest of the 914-6 sheetmetal isn't nos

Great question..except on the " removed" one, you end up working the seam area twice. Ibrahim to take off and once to put back on. NOS you only have to mess with it once.
It all comes down to ones own expectation-100% or 90%.
mepstein
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 16 2014, 12:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 16 2014, 08:28 AM) *

Great question..except on the " removed" one, you end up working the seam area twice. Ibrahim to take off and once to put back on. NOS you only have to mess with it once.
It all comes down to ones own expectation-100% or 90%.

Good explanation. Thanks
gcrotvik
Hey Rick,

Here's a NOS right side. $750.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321352444926?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 16 2014, 01:30 PM) *

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the link. Sure. dry.gif I just purchased a whole car. It's really not that hard to remove a good rust free fender. Just takes time. My plan is to pull the fenders off the car I purchased and send them to get e-coated before I even install it.

I'll watch the fender auction and see where it goes from here. Maybe I'll buy it anyway if it doesn't go to the moon.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 16 2014, 12:01 PM) *

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the link. Sure. dry.gif I just purchased a whole car. It's really not that hard to remove a good rust free fender. Just takes time. My plan is to pull the fenders off the car I purchased and send them to get e-coated before I even install it.

I'll watch the fender auction and see where it goes from here. Maybe I'll buy it anyway if it doesn't go to the moon.

Did you buy the 71 roller? If so, as I pm'd last week, I'm interested in the dash carrier panel, steel facia and glove box door. Additionally, the passenger seat mounts if they aren't rusted out.

Thanks,

Greg
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Mar 16 2014, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 16 2014, 12:01 PM) *

Hey Rick,

Did you buy the 71 roller? If so, as I pm'd last week, I'm interested in the dash carrier panel, steel facia and glove box door. Additionally, the passenger seat mounts if they aren't rusted out.

Thanks,

Greg

Yes I did. I will send you a pm about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.