Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay Flat Six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
So what's the verdict? Anyone from here own this or know it. I imagine it sounds like a Porsche IPB Image

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
scotty914
two things, i am 30 mins or less from the car so i can look at it if somebody wants

second the things i see wrong
head light need to be adjusted
rear trunk sides bowing up
looks like different tach or speedo ( not silver center button )
looks like a kilometer speedo ( maybe just blurry )
needs front end lowered
not 5 lug
Joe Bob
Fails to mention that it's a conversion....for 12K it OK.....depends on the rust......"I" don't care for the side mods.....
SLITS
You do realize that you will have to buy a wine rack, cheese board and become Mike Zs friend if you buy it. IPB Image

I'll pass, it doesn't have a cup holder.
c12croft
This car cycled thru eBay back in Sept.
The owner disclosed, as a made-six, it was not even close to concours condition; interpret as you wish.
No sound system.
No 5 lug conv, but that reqs flares, and that reqs paint spec.
No heat exchs.
Can't verify body alignments via picts.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 8 2005, 11:45 AM)
You do realize that you will have to buy a wine rack, cheese board and become Mike Zs friend if you buy it. IPB Image

I'll pass, it doesn't have a cup holder.

And that's a BAD thing....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (c12croft @ Jan 8 2005, 11:56 AM)
This car cycled thru eBay back in Sept.
The owner disclosed, as a made-six, it was not even close to concours condition; interpret as you wish.
No sound system.
No 5 lug conv, but that reqs flares, and that reqs paint spec.
No heat exchs.
Can't verify body alignments via picts.

Flares? Does that mean all the 5 lug conversions I've done w/o flares have to be recalled? The Cap'n
Joe Bob
Must go burn my TWO non flared 914s with five lugs....it must be true it's on the internet....
c12croft
5 LUG CONVERSIONS V FLARES

OOPS, I SKIPPED THE PART I MEANT TO ADD ABOUT 5 LUG 16's. fills out wide body flares nicely,
agree?
ClayPerrine
Ya gotta have a thick skin when dealing with Mikey and The Capt'n. They both will jump on a mistake like a chicken on a junebug.....

Remember, they are like a dog.. all bark and no bite. Just don't tell the Capt'n that you are going to put stainless steel brake lines on your car..... IPB Image
Andyrew
16in is diameter... not wide (that would be very wide...)

Dont need flares for five lug. People just go with flares because they like alot of tire!

16x 6 es will fit fine without flares and with 205 50 16's.

Andrew
c12croft
ANDREW;
Thank you for info.
QUESTION;
Which would be the tire size of choice [meaning low and wide] for 16s on a 914 with gt flares?
thx
Joe Bob
245s and 225s on 7s and 8s...
Oled
No problems with my 16x7's and 205/50 16's and no flares. 225's on the rear would just require a little masaging of the opening and a tube of KY.
c12croft
I'm referring to 16x6 front, and 16x7 rear.
assuming someday wife is suddenly unaware, what would be the lowest and widest tires with gt flares?

signed,
ignornant and dreaming
Andyrew
215 50 16's front 225 50 16 back is about normal for 6's and 7's. Wouldnt go any wider comfortably..

Lowest? erm... going with a smaller middle number would do it.. but your tach will be off.. The above is a good combo...

Wouldnt need flares for that really (stretching the rear will get you that).... but if you where to go flares, do what mike suggested.. 7's and 8's with 225's and 245's..

Andrew
jwalters
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jan 9 2005, 12:15 PM)
215 50 16's front 225 50 16 back is about normal for 6's and 7's. Wouldnt go any wider comfortably..

Lowest? erm... going with a smaller middle number would do it.. but your tach will be off.. The above is a good combo...

Wouldnt need flares for that really (stretching the rear will get you that).... but if you where to go flares, do what mike suggested.. 7's and 8's with 225's and 245's..

Andrew

IPB Image

You mean my "Tach" will not read right with low profile tires???? IPB Image

hahahaha
c12croft
Andrew,
I would be limited to 6's and 7's, [and I thought happily]. Should I stick to the 215's and 225's?

Lastly, I can't live with a slightly off tach? (is there a way to compensate?) I'd like to lower the profiles.
thx
scotty914
the speedo would be off not the tach
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (c12croft @ Jan 9 2005, 10:51 AM)
I'm referring to 16x6 front, and 16x7 rear.
assuming someday wife is suddenly unaware, what would be the lowest and widest tires with gt flares?

My last project car had 16"s with 7's up front and 9's in back, steel flairs though. As far as sidewall profile, that's up to you, your budget, and your butt. The lower the aspect ratio the harder the ride.

Your pockets gotta be deep for 9's though, especially if you want real Fuchs. Same goes for real flairs (only way to go IMHO), new repros are in the $800-$1000 range plus install and paint, figure $2500-$5000 at least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.