Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some 1/2 Shaft Info for Suby Conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I just got off the phone with Dutchman Axle Service and all I can say is wow! What a breath of fresh air. I didn't know enough about this service to order from their web site so I called. I felt like a dumb ass for having to ask but they were super friendly and helpful. After they got me straightened out I told them there are others that will be needing this service in the near future and that Bob B highly recommended them. They asked me to include with the shafts, the "name of the mod" so they could have something to refer to when others call in. Maybe "914 to TY75" mod?? And now for the rest of the story, 914World members...............................................................
(that was a drum roll) $135.00 per pair + shipping! piratenanner.gif pray.gif I'll post the results in my build thread but I wanted to be sure you guys knew this. KWoody

rnellums
Excellent news sir!!! Great work!
ruby914
piratenanner.gif Kent, you da Man! first.gif beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
ruby914
I'm thinking, Subaspool poke.gif
914forme
So these will go from the stock 914 90mm CVs on the outboard side, to the Subaru TY75 on the inboard side. Hmmm wonder if they will do the 108 930 CV to TY75 at the same price.

That would be really nice.......
76-914
I think it's 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. Their req's were #1- clean 1/2 shafts w/CV's removed, #2- a male end of the suby broach, #3- the female part of the CV that will be used #4 that you check to be sure there is enough "meat" on the part you need splined #5- clear cut instructions as to what you want. Call them and talk w/ Travis or Derek.
Mike, I was thinking the World Cut but then it dawned on me that there will be different Suby CV's involved and maybe the tranny type might be the better identifier.
abnrdo
aktion035.gif Yes! Thats great news! I was wondering what they would charge. I am not to that point in my build, but getting close.
As far as names go: Subateen?
ruby914
No, no, no, this Subaspool.
I was wondering if they could make them?

Look fast, I think I should remove that photo. And change the name. biggrin.gif
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Mar 8 2014, 12:01 AM) *

No, no, no, this Subaspool.
I was wondering if they could make them?

Look fast, I think I should remove that photo. And change the name.

I sent them one 4 years ago and they quoted me a price 2x what one cost from subaru gears.

Bob....
76-914
Paid my invoice today and I'm happy to report that Dutchman is a company of their word. $135.00 + shipping. If you have the later TY75 tranny then they have the info for the 29 tooth cut now. You'd just need to tell them how much to trim off the end. Mine took a 31mm cut and my axles line up with the wheel center. Yours may vary in length. I spoke with 3 different people during this and will say they are indeed a pleasure to do business with. Travis is the man you will most likely be speaking with. I told them we may have 3-4 more this year and they said "great and thanks". There's lot of good Karma with these little cars. smile.gif Kent
Great info ! Thanks
mgp4591
Just wondering if anyone has tried to size up a Subaru hub to the Porsche bearing? I was thinking of using the whole shaft, hub and bearing assy. since it's easy to install and the axle sizes are varied and possibly fit in stock configuration, length and all. Subaru wheels and A/M may be less expensive also (I haven't checked)- it just seems that if it says "Porsche", it adds 40% to the cost of anything. May be that's just my perception now... idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.