Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gettin' Airbourne
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwd407
Good mornin' folks...
Well, I bought a '72 in pretty good shape a couple of weeks ago...
Not a total restore job, but there's enough to do and keep me out of other trouble for a while at least.
Anyhow, I'm fixin' to put it up on jack stands for a while. Wann pull the wheels and have decent access underneath. The only thing for certain that I'll be doing from below is replacing the exhaust system (yeah I know IPB Image ) Since I of course don't have the owners manual and my Haynes book doesn't seem to specify, I'm wondering the best/correct locations to place the jack stands in order to have all four wheels off the gound? Also, is there a prefered placement for the floor jack pad during the lifing process?
Thanx for any input you have now in surely in the future...
obtw,,,, yep,,, i too have now inflicted this 914 disease upon myself... IPB Image
Ron
Jeroen
The 914 has jacking "donuts" in the floorpan, just after the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels
You can use them to jack up the car or place jackstands

Some people jack the car from the tranny or engine (be careful)

I jacked the front with a 2x4 across the floor of the front trunk

Other places to put jackstands:
the crossmember tube of the front suspension
the tubes of the a-arms (front)
the tubes of the rear trailing arms
rwd407
Thank you sir... That at least gives me something to look for...
Oh,, the journey has just begun...

ron IPB Image
skline
The cars dont weigh that much, I use a 2x6 on top of my floor jack and put it in between the jack points to lift the whole side of the car up for jack stand placement on the jack points. Then I lift the other side and do the same thing. It works for me. Dont use just a jack there as that may be too much weigh to expect the car not to dimple the floor. The 2x6 spreads the weight across a lot of the bottom of the car.
Dave_Darling
There's a thread in the "classic" section that has a diagram of places where you can lift the car.

--DD
Trekkor
IPB Image

I thought this was pictures of 914's getting wheel lift in hard corners. ( see avatar ) IPB Image

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.