Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor Panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sfreeman615
Hey guys looking for a preffered vendor for floor pans? Who should I buy from?
Steve
Restoration Design would be my first choice.
http://restoration-design.com/
Bob L.
I have not bought from them but Restoration Design seems to have a good rep and lots of panels to choose from.
Sfreeman615
Those look great and seem to be very reasonably priced!
Socalandy
agree.gif Used them on my project
mepstein
I have bought many parts at resto design. All first class and shipped quickly.
barefoot
QUOTE(Sfreeman615 @ Mar 9 2014, 11:40 PM) *

Hey guys looking for a preffered vendor for floor pans? Who should I buy from?

I bought a rear trunk repair panel from AA (they were having a sale).
Part fit well and did what I needed. I had not price shopped with RD.
I used some other bits from it for some minor hell hole repairs.

Click to view attachment
CptTripps
+1 for RD.
shoguneagle
+2 for RD
AfricanHijinx
+3 for RD
Mark Henry
The son, Pete, is a member here, has a 914 was at the trans clinic I hosted and is a real nice guy.

Restoration Design is a top notch company. first.gif
peteyd
Thanks for all your votes of confidence boys!

Heres the video for the floorpan install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kMOMNhxg-A

Sfreeman615
Thank you guys! I'll be buying from RD for sure! BTW, just started my first build thread! Thanks for the video Pete, watching it made me realize it may be a bit above my pay grade, gonna get some help with doing these, but it sure inspired me to want to get the skills to be able to more myself!
boogie_man
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 10 2014, 04:26 AM) *

I have bought many parts at resto design. All first class and shipped quickly.

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^
ConeDodger
agree.gif Love what RD is doing for our little cars! biggrin.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(Sfreeman615 @ Mar 10 2014, 02:29 PM) *

Thank you guys! I'll be buying from RD for sure! BTW, just started my first build thread! Thanks for the video Pete, watching it made me realize it may be a bit above my pay grade, gonna get some help with doing these, but it sure inspired me to want to get the skills to be able to more myself!

I am not positive, and no one said it, but Dr. 914 at Auto Atlanta might just be a retailer for RD. I have bought from both RD and AA. Good quality stuff and a bit closer to home. The Dr. broke away from this forum and started 914club. Or bought it or something. Any way, Auto Atlanta is a good resource for lots of stuff.

Shipping kills you on this big stuff. Keep your eyes on the classifieds here. Sometimes you find someone that is cleaning house.

BTW, you don't have to cut out the whole floor. just cut to good solid metal. buy (or make) the patch and weld it in. You can get either side of the floor or the front or just the back.

Clark

Rear floor and lower outer fire wall on my garage floor, dry fit.

Click to view attachment

barefoot
[quote name='malcolm2' date='Mar 10 2014, 09:40 PM' post='2009015']
[quote name='Sfreeman615' post='2008826' date='Mar 10 2014, 02:29 PM']
[/quote]

I am not positive, and no one said it, but Dr. 914 at Auto Atlanta might just be a retailer for RD. I have bought from both RD and AA. Good quality stuff and a bit closer to home. The Dr. broke away from this forum and started 914club. Or bought it or something. Any way, Auto Atlanta is a good resource for lots of stuff.

Looking at the rear trunk panel from AA is not quite the same as same part from RD, at least for this part two sources for sure.

BTW my sale price from AA was slightly better than RD's price
Barefoot
scotty b
I've worked on one or two of these cars and have bought from both. I ONLY buy from RD now. Yes a lot of what AA sells is RD pieces.
Eric_Shea
FDLFBFG... dry.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 11 2014, 04:58 PM) *

FDLFBFG... dry.gif

huh.gif Looks like someone forgot their meds again unsure.gif

BTW I googled this, and the only responses were from this site.....Eric specifically......two other threads where he went goofy...........
Eric_Shea
Sorry...

FDLFBFAA
Sfreeman615
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 12 2014, 09:39 AM) *

FDLFBFG... dry.gif

BTW I googled this, and the only responses were from this site.....Eric specifically......two other threads where he went goofy...........

have to admit I did the same thing! LOL, quite funny I must say!
bulitt
Even though I love RD, RD sells a rear floor pan, and a front floor pan. The front does not contain the pedal cluster area.

AA sells the front and rears also. In addition, they sell a full left and a full right. The left contains the pedal cluster area. To my knowledge RD does not offer these.

Figure out what you need to replace.

AA left pan pic-

IPB Image
Sfreeman615
QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 12 2014, 12:26 PM) *

AA sells the front and rears also. In addition, they sell a full left and a full right. The left contains the pedal cluster area. To my knowledge RD does not offer these.

After looking I'm gonna have to replace the both the full right and left sides. I could probably get away with a mix matching and keeping some of the existing pan, but while im under there, I might as well just complete the job and be done with it!
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 12 2014, 12:26 PM) *

Even though I love RD, RD sells a rear floor pan, and a front floor pan. The front does not contain the pedal cluster area.

AA left pan pic-

IPB Image

RD panels are front and rear. These pieces overlap. They would need to be cut if you want to Butt them. Looks like RD and AA panels go to the front about the same distance. There is a reinforcement part that goes on the underside for the pedals support. Not sure but I think RD now has this. I have used the RD panels and they are fine.
ripper911
I have insider knowledge about where parts come from that I haven't been sharing in other threads out of respect for vendors, but I will occasionally pm a little knowledge when I see people need help with a decision.

I try not to stir the pot. stirthepot.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Sfreeman615 @ Mar 12 2014, 01:11 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 12 2014, 09:39 AM) *

FDLFBFG... dry.gif

have to admit I did the same thing! LOL, quite funny I must say!

It's not funny at all dry.gif Erc is obviously trying to build grass roots support for his new award to compete with the SCROT and the lesser known COTM.

As if just anyone can make up their own A.C.R.O.N.Y.M.

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.