Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: new OCC project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
restore2seater
Front page of Peoria Journal Star has OCC building two choppers for Caterpillar. The build show will be aired sometime in early April.
Pnambic
Wow, there's a blast from the past. I used to deliver the Journal Star back when I was 13-15 yrs old, 'till I was old enough to get a real job (bagging groceries at Kroger... IPB Image ).
Cap'n Krusty
If I get any more exited about this, I'm gonna fall asleep! The Cap'n
Air_Cooled_Nut
I like watching it but I think Paulie Jr. needs a dose of his father's foot up his cocky, egotistical ass.
Lou W
Air_Cooled_Nut Posted on Jan 8 2005, 11:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like watching it but I think Paulie Jr. needs a dose of his father's foot up his cocky, egotistical ass
I like watching it too, however, don't you mean; Paul Sr. needs a dose of his son's foot up his cocky, egotistical ass. IPB Image
Jake Raby
Nah, The old man gets things done!

Hell its his place, I don't blame him a damn bit for riding them all hard..

You should see what its like around here when shit don't work right and people are late or don't want to put out!

I fired a guy a few months back that was helping me with the shrouds and when he left he told me that I ran the place like a boot camp- I replied thats just because he acted like a damn recruit!
Lou W
Jake Raby Posted on Jan 8 2005, 11:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nah, The old man gets things done!

Hell its his place, I don't blame him a damn bit for riding them all hard..

You should see what its like around here when shit don't work right and people are late or don't want to put out!

I fired a guy a few months back that was helping me with the shrouds and when he left he told me that I ran the place like a boot camp- I replied thats just because he acted like a damn recruit!  
Yah, that probably true, it just seems that Jr. is the creative one, I don't personally care for some of their bike styles, but, it seems to me that they go to Jr. to come up with their designs. I would be curious to see how they would do if they worked seperatly. IPB Image On your own situation, it's your business, if your guys aren't working to your standards, I'd fire them too.
Jake Raby
Plus its TV and drama gets views....

Its probably nothing like that off camera.

JR is a better designer because he doesn't have to worry about the business, the money or any bullshit....

Just like many times Brent is a better assembler than I am because he worries about nothing except assembly- He doesn't even know who owns the engine he is building and doesn't need to... He follows my instuructions and works from the proposal..
airsix
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 8 2005, 10:47 AM)
If I get any more exited about this, I'm gonna fall asleep! The Cap'n

I'm with you 100%.

-Ben M.
URY914
I like Mikey.

The real future of the America.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 8 2005, 12:47 PM)
I like Mikey.

The real future of the America.

IPB Image
Hawktel
Vinny and Cory are the only ones who do any work in that show. They have some good ideas, And they taught me all I need to know about bike building.

I don't think Jr. is a good person to work alone, I think their bikes are more a colabrative effort than any one persons vision.
Aaron Cox
i think the bikes are kinda sloppy. i hate theme bikes too.... everything is so "clunky" and tonka like IPB Image IPB Image
mohnliting
I sure wish I had their workshop and fabricating equipment. I'm always amazed as I watch them create fenders, gas tanks, etc. out of flat sheets.
Lou W
mohnliting Posted on Jan 8 2005, 08:31 PM
I sure wish I had their workshop and fabricating equipment. I'm always amazed as I watch them create fenders, gas tanks, etc. out of flat sheets.  
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.