Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Semi Dry Cleaning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Johny Blackstain
Pat- I was watching videos on you tube & found this & thought of you & "Fritz" immediatley. I remembered that you don't wash Fritz, for fear of rust & dry clean him instead. Very informative video with interesting techniques & technology on cleaning an old "barn find" 912, with most impressive results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Mz6YNb4uA
orthobiz
Most enjoyable!

Paul
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 10 2014, 08:31 PM) *

Most enjoyable!

Paul

Yes I thought so too Paul. The guy really knows his stuff & there are more videos of him on YouTube including one where he spent 2 days working on a phenomenal Ferrari 288GTO. Glad you enjoyed it smile.gif

Al
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 10 2014, 03:38 PM) *

Pat- I was watching videos on you tube & found this & thought of you & "Fritz" immediatley. I remembered that you don't wash Fritz, for fear of rust & dry clean him instead. Very informative video with interesting techniques & technology on cleaning an old "barn find" 912, with most impressive results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Mz6YNb4uA

Apologize for not responding earlier,,,had a mild stroke on the 6th. Responding to emails is laborious!

I've seen alot of this guys work on the Tube - he's a wonder.

I usually keep my 914 under a blanket and 2 car covers over the winter, but this year I' left it uncovered so I could actually look at it. Now it has a layer of dust that I'll need to remove with something different..Need to find a new product.

Sorry for any typs but I'm still recovering and the fingers are uncoordinated
P
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 14 2014, 08:41 PM) *

Apologize for not responding earlier,,,had a mild stroke on the 6th. Responding to emails is laborious!

I've seen alot of this guys work on the Tube - he's a wonder.

I usually keep my 914 under a blanket and 2 car covers over the winter, but this year I' left it uncovered so I could actually look at it. Now it has a layer of dust that I'll need to remove with something different..Need to find a new product.

Sorry for any typs but I'm still recovering and the fingers are uncoordinated
P

Pat- I'm very sorry to hear this & hope you are well. Concentrate on yourself before you worry about Fritz & you can always roll him out & blow off the dust with compressed air. Knikki also got very dusty this past winter- had to roll her out & wash her the other day but 1st I had to get my leaf blower running right so I could dry her completely after I washed her.
Again, I hope you are well & just work on you. smile.gif

Al
sixnotfour
Pat, keep on 914teenin......,.,.,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.