Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Left Rear Fender-----GONE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Last night I worked 'till 1:00 am. But I got a few thing done. Like cutting off the left rear fender and targa bar.
IPB Image
URY914
Here it is cleaned upo a little.
URY914
another angle
URY914
I was able to get the heat duct out . PITA. Now I'll welds in a cover piece like the other side.

You can see the fire wall was rusted thru at the bottom of the Hell hole.
Aaron Cox
youre a sick man... IPB Image IPB Image
URY914
This is the strut I added for support to the inner ear on the right side. I'll do the same on the left after I cover that hole. It's a 3/4" tube. I welded on backer plates before I welded the tube in
VegasRacer
We're gonna miss your car when it's all gone. IPB Image
URY914
Now that I don't have a firewall and the new one will be out of sheetmetal or f/g, I need to mount my belts to something. I'll have to run a bar behind the seat. It may be a flat bar or 1" round bar. I should also bolt the back of the seat to something. I may just bolt it to the seatbelt bar.

Details, Details, Details IPB Image
My welding skills are getting much better. IPB Image

Paul
lapuwali
What are you shooting for as your new weight target? 1450lbs? What's the minimum weight in your class?
nebreitling
that looks absolutely phenomal, paul IPB Image i mean, you clearly have some clinical mental disorder, but it's being put to good use.

put wings on it and it'll fly.
URY914
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 8 2005, 12:46 PM)
What are you shooting for as your new weight target? 1450lbs? What's the minimum weight in your class?

Less than 1450 would be nice,

Weight class??? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
SpecialK
That's CRAZY Paul! IPB Image ........but COOL!

It looks like you're going to end up with one of these before it's all said and done... IPB Image
siverson
So do you think the end result will be weaker or stronger (stiffer) than a stock 914?

-Steve
Jake Raby
Looks Great! I Love it!

Now all it needs is POWER!

I'd be willing to help a man a sick as yourself- No problem!! IPB Image
URY914
QUOTE (siverson @ Jan 8 2005, 01:22 PM)
So do you think the end result will be weaker or stronger (stiffer) than a stock 914?

-Steve

I think stronger for what I need it to do.
Weaker when it comes to running into a wall. IPB Image

I got a big box of sheetmetal that I cut out but I really don't know how it will end up.
URY914
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 8 2005, 04:36 PM)
Looks Great! I Love it!

Now all it needs is POWER!

I'd be willing to help a man a sick as yourself- No problem!! IPB Image

Thanks Jake,

From what everyone is saying, I do need some help.

I want to get my engine back in it so I can just drive it around without the body. IPB Image
siverson
>> So do you think the end result will be weaker or stronger (stiffer) than a stock 914?

> I think stronger for what I need it to do.
> Weaker when it comes to running into a wall.

That's what I was thinking. A fun project would be a car like this, but make it street legal. 1500#, turbo type 4, and probably still safer than a motorcycle. IPB Image

-Steve
Joe Bob
Call me stupid....my wife and kids do as well as SLITS....but wouldn't it have easier to build a tube frame and weld this nasty body stuff on AFTERWARDS? IPB Image
URY914
Well if it doesn't work out I'm turning it into a rock crawler!!!

This looks like fun!
URY914
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 8 2005, 06:46 PM)
Call me stupid....my wife and kids do as well as SLITS....but wouldn't it have easier to build a tube frame and weld this nasty body stuff on AFTERWARDS? IPB Image

I keep trying to tell you guys....

A full tube frame car is not a 914!!! IPB Image
McMark
Maybe you'll decide you don't like tube frame and weld that box of metal back onto the car.
IPB Image Cut it into a million pieces and then put it back together. IPB Image
drew365
Paul, someday you've got to enter your car in a concourse just for the fun of it. Hard to believe it used to look like this,
URY914
How bout this one in 1983
drew365
After you get the wheels back on it, roll it out in the light and do a side profile shot to use as a before and after with that picture. It will be a classic.
URY914
If you look close you can see the light shinning off the oil puddle under it. IPB Image

Paul
quick six
I think you are going to run out of car before you run out of time. IPB Image
I refuse to chop up my 741 but that looks like way too much fun for something else.
RS22b
looks like your having fun!

Good luck with it.

-Billy
gaz914
Is this a 914 with all the rust cut out?
URY914
QUOTE (gaz914 @ Jan 8 2005, 11:54 PM)
Is this a 914 with all the rust cut out?

Yes, IPB Image
This all stsarted as a rust repair job. IPB Image
watsonrx13
Nice job Paul. I just got the BBS after spending all weekend painting my car.

I just love 'winter' time in Florida, 75-80 deg, clear blue skies, perfect weather to work on a teener...
URY914
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Jan 9 2005, 03:50 PM)
Nice job Paul. I just got the BBS after spending all weekend painting my car.

I just love 'winter' time in Florida, 75-80 deg, clear blue skies, perfect weather to work on a teener...

I agree-low huimidity perfect for painting.
Qarl
Where's the 914?

IPB Image
TravisNeff
Dude, where'd your car go????

Seriously, do you have a close up shot of that area where you removed the heater tube??
Root_Werks
IPB Image Keep the beer put away when Paul gets hold of the sawzall! IPB Image Looks great man! IPB Image Yeah, it would be cool to put the engine in and just drive it around. IPB Image
URY914
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jan 10 2005, 07:51 AM)
Dude, where'd your car go????

Seriously, do you have a close up shot of that area where you removed the heater tube??

If I remember I'll take a shot of it tonight. Why do you want to see it?
I love how that last pic at first glance looks like the rear is being held up by your rolling seat IPB Image

BTW - you are clearly disturbed, but i like that. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.