Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: email list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Is there anyway to get an emial list of the members so we dont have to log in and use the email from here everytime?

Just dont see the need.

there are ways to make it not downloadable....

r
Jeffs9146
I don't mind members e-mailing me but I don't want to get on one of those spam lists! So, a downloadable list might open us up to ar15.gif SPAMMERS

Dont you think?

Jeff
Jeroen
Hey Rich,

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the problem...
There is an 'e-mail' button at the bottom of each post
By clicking it you can send the poster an e-mail

You shouldn't need to log-in, since we've got the cookies set up properly
(unless you've cleared your cookies, then you'd have to log-in, but just once)

Cheers,

Jeroen
echocanyons
Ya-roon
the difference is it doesnt divulge an email address it sends it via the BBS and at that point you can reply showing your email address.

-Kelly
kdfoust
As someone who at one point was getting spammed at a startling rate I'm completely against any revealing of email addresses. I like email through the board's software. That keeps my actual email address private until I reply to the sender.

I've finally mutated my email and taken enough precautions that I now get ZERO spam.

Have fun,
Kevin
Brad Roberts
I understand what he is talking about. When he sends me an email from the board, I have to respond with my email address. I dont mind this and I'm not sure how we would "unlock" them. Did you go through all your settings in your "My controls" link ??

I'll be honest: I'm getting HALF the email I used to get from the PP board. People just private message me now or hit the email button from the posts.

B
balljoint
Why would anyone want to give a moustachy towel easier access to their data?

Srsly.

rolleyes.gif
VaccaRabite
Why did you bump a 10 year old post?
balljoint
Because the most recent SCROT winner had bumped a few of my very old threads.

Quid pro quo, Clarice.

r_towle
You should be able to find much more stupid posts from me.....

Rich
VaccaRabite
Ah. Well. Carry on then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.