Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original rear shocks on '74 teener?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
carreraguy
Hi all,
After running my 914aru for a number of years and now realizing my front shocks are bottomed out, I'm looking to revise the suspension to make it a little softer all around for my old butt. I know the fronts were originally Boge so I'll go that route; I'm guessing the rears were Boge also.
Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks,
Tom
Johny Blackstain
Generally Boge was the most common shock absorber for the 914 & they are usually black. Old Bilsteins were green & now they are yellow. Konis were redddish orange. If you pull the old shock out & clean it up it should be marked as to what it is. Hope that helps.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 11 2014, 04:27 PM) *

Generally Boge was the most common shock absorber for the 914 & they are usually black. Old Bilsteins were green & now they are yellow. Konis were redddish orange. If you pull the old shock out & clean it up it should be marked as to what it is. Hope that helps.

All of the original Boge shocks I have seen were grey.
They have a unique lower perch that locates one three raised bumps. I have seen replacement Boge in Orange-red much like the color of Koni shocks.
tod914
Here you go, in case you want to paint them the oem color.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...553&hl=grey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.