Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear alignment after rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
I HATE the search engine on world. Tried searching a few forums here and I must be doing something wrong. Seems I get a huge amount of data when I plug in rear alignment and rather than spend the evening pouring over useless info I thought I'd ask-
a) How the heck do I use the search engine for specific information so I don't have to read dozens of useless threads?
or
b) How to I set up basic rear alignment after having done a rear suspension rebuild (bearings and bushings) so I can safely drive it to the alignment shop two miles from my house?

Aggravated
mad.gif
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Mar 11 2014, 07:19 PM) *

I HATE the search engine on world. Tried searching a few forums here and I must be doing something wrong. Seems I get a huge amount of data when I plug in rear alignment and rather than spend the evening pouring over useless info I thought I'd ask-
a) How the heck do I use the search engine for specific information so I don't have to read dozens of useless threads?
or
b) How to I set up basic rear alignment after having done a rear suspension rebuild (bearings and bushings) so I can safely drive it to the alignment shop two miles from my house?

Aggravated
mad.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=363723

Found it searching plain old google the other night, it was the third hit under 911 home alignment... 914 home alignment doesn't turn this up on the first page... go figure...

That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about going two miles carefully. I'd bet most of us have driven cars much farther with bad alignments and never even knew it.
HalfMoon
Thank you for the help beerchug.gif

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Mar 11 2014, 11:11 PM) *

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Mar 11 2014, 07:19 PM) *

or

Aggravated
mad.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=363723

Found it searching plain old google the other night, it was the third hit under 911 home alignment... 914 home alignment doesn't turn this up on the first page... go figure...

That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about going two miles carefully. I'd bet most of us have driven cars much farther with bad alignments and never even knew it.

Type 47
Thanks for me also, I needed this too. I also get frustrated with the search engine.

It's kind of like the iPhone Siri...I try to show the wife how great the feature is and speak into my phone "set and alarm for 7:30 tomorrow" of which Siri responds "there are 14 fire stations in your area" the wife was impressed.
r_towle
lookup doing an alignment with string....its simple, quick, and free.

If you measure carefully, you will get it perfect.

rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.