Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Musing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
With too much time on my hands (HA!) and spring cleaning on my mind Im wondering has anyone ever tried to slap a complete djet setup on a Ljet block (1.8) ?
Why wouldnt it work with a little tweeking. As you can guess I have a 1.8 long block taking up space and an extra Djet kit on the shelf... wub.gif
SirAndy
yes, that's what i'm running.

a 1.8L with a D-Jet Injection. no problems at all, car runs great.

i can get you some pics later this weekend, or, if Brad is in the mood, maybe he can shoot a pic or two of the setup ...

Andy
Mueller
Why?

That's a step backwards....I'd rather have the L-Jet instead smile.gif
Bleyseng
Is it a 1.7L set up? if so it will bolt right up.
Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 28 2003, 03:43 PM)
Why?

i like the D-Jet better cool.gif
Bleyseng
I like the Djet better as it has better air flow without that flap in the way. finger.gif
Geoff
Mueller
The flap causes less than a .5psi drop....no big deal
Bleyseng
Yeah, but how much hp loss is that?
Geoff
914werke
Well the only significant differance I can think of is the 4 rather than 3 bolt intakes and the injectors.. uh maybe throttle body?
No I think All my stuff is 2.0
Bleyseng
Might run alittle rich if its a 2.0L set up but worth a try.
Geoff
914werke
So Andy did you apply the Djet off of a 1.7..without changing anything?
SirAndy
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 28 2003, 04:27 PM)
So Andy did you apply the Djet off of a 1.7..without changing anything?

if only i knew rolleyes.gif

the car came that way. i have the 1.7 injectors, so i assume it came off a 1.7 ...

Andy
Drums66
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 28 2003, 02:43 PM)
Why?

The D-jet is a very Neanderthal set-up and very expensive when you have to replace a componant(AAR comes to mind, also the ECU's) Mike it takes some people a while to catch on! some never do?
Porsche did........when they built the 912-E( 2.0 w Ljet) wink.gif
Aaron Cox
i know kenny mills did something similar. when i drove down to San Diego to nuy his backpad, he showed me his car. it's a 2.0 w/ L-JET ...why? i dunno? says it runs great. he dropped of the roadglue and 914 email groups 6-8 months ago tho unsure.gif
Bleyseng
I wouldn't call the Djet neanderthal as its pretty easy to tune with the right tools. Ljet was on the 912E for emisson reasons I read. Both are good FI systems and way nicer than carbs. I have seen one 2.0L 914 with Ljet, ran great.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.