Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six conversion sitrep with tool mod.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyesright
Here is a show and tell. The '76 with early bumpers was 95% done last summer and now has 22k miles on it since. (Anybody need a rev counter for the Cat/EGR set up for your perfect '76?)
eyesright
Been waiting on good weather and free time. This week has been nice enough for some good progress. I put the pedal assembly in then the dash. Wow do I like the combo gauge!
eyesright
With the heater controls, in then I assembled and hooked up the blower and the diverters. What a chore!
eyesright
Woops. I should have put these photos together or as replies. Any way, I wanted to show the pliers I filed to handle the compression rings. I was tired of these rings slipping and flying to some remote corner after hitting my eye, and too cheap to buy some appropriate pliers. After screwing up my post and repairing many...er...indescretions...on my project, I hope this tip redeems me.

The gas tank goes in today.
billh1963
22k miles in under a year? Nice! Sounds like you are really enjoys the car aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 13 2014, 05:18 AM) *

22k miles in under a year? Nice! Sounds like you are really enjoys the car aktion035.gif

Those are Oklahoma plates. Even Walmart is 70 miles away! blink.gif
billh1963
Nice LE, BTW
eyesright
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 13 2014, 07:10 AM) *

Nice LE, BTW

Thanks. My cars are wannabe's. The "LE" started as a good '76 tub with a fair white outside only repaint and a very tired engine. If I had an original LE I wouldn't be able to bring myself to drive it. So I added early bumpers and good paint and I drive the heck out of it. I get lots of thumbs up on the road.

The '70 is a conversion project I bought several years ago and am now just getting back to. Last year I got the tub back from a body shop after new floors, a few repairs and paint. It was origonally white with a poor red repaint and bad white repaint on top of that. Not much original left on this car so I didn't feel bad about choosing signal orange. If I ever had an original -6 I couldn't bring myself to drive it either.

Sorry I entered my posts wrong. I'll get things figured out for the next update.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(eyesright @ Mar 13 2014, 12:08 PM) *

If I had an original LE I wouldn't be able to bring myself to drive it.

God do I know that feeling... spend 16 hrs compunding/polishing/waxing the inside of the rear trunk alone you cringe anytime the car gets dirty sad.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Mar 13 2014, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(eyesright @ Mar 13 2014, 12:08 PM) *

If I had an original LE I wouldn't be able to bring myself to drive it.

God do I know that feeling... spend 16 hrs compunding/polishing/waxing the inside of the rear trunk alone you cringe anytime the car gets dirty sad.gif

If you are doing that, you don't have a car, you have car shaped art.

It was meant to be driven. driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 13 2014, 04:42 PM) *

If you are doing that, you don't have a car, you have car shaped art.

It was meant to be driven. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I think of it more like a giant paper weight dry.gif , which is why I have my bastardized six happy11.gif I never intended to get into concours, was forced to when I inherited the car. But enough of this hijacked.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.