Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S: 1970, 1.7 liter, good condition, many extra parts - $5000 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
scoobykvn
I am selling my 1970 Porsche 914 with many extra parts. It has very little rust, just a few spots on the floor pans which have been covered with POR-15 and reinforcing mesh. The rolling chassis came from California. When I got it I stripped down the interior, engine compartment, and RR trunk to bare metal and painted with POR-15 (Did not do the front trunk yet). The hell hole and longs have no rust. The battery tray was rusted, so I removed it and relocated the battery to the RR trunk. It has a 1.7 liter motor (not original) with weber carbs and has been upgraded to a later side shift transmission. The transmission was rebuilt a couple years ago and works well (just needs a very slight shifter adjustment, which I may do if requested). The distributor has been upgraded to a unilite electronic unit with an MSD 6A box. The engine runs well most of the time, but has an intermittent rough running issue due to the fuel pump. I have a brand new, unopened carb fuel pump and filter that will come with it. The interior is OK, but does need some work. The passenger side window needs installed (everything comes with it) and the driver side needs adjusted. The entire car could use a new paint job or fix the one it has. There are a some scratches and the clear coat that the previous owner sprayed on has runs in it. The bumpers are aftermarket fiber glass ones molded to look like OEM. The targa top needs painted. The key only works in the ignition and passenger door, the rest need rekeyed. The trunk has an electric opener instead of a key. Almost new Kumho Ecsta AST tires (less than 500 miles on them). There are a lot of little things that need done on the car, but it is a very good starting point and comes with a ton of extra parts.

There are far too many extra parts to list them all (I had 2 parts cars), but I will list the bigger ones: 2.0 liter engine (minus heads) that needs rebuilt; Tail shift transmission case with some internals; Original 1.7 liter fuel injection system; Brand new unopened carb fuel pump w/ filter; Full extra set of suspension; 2.0 liter muffler; Set of 5-lug adaptors; Many unopened new parts; 2 Italian made Weber 40 IDF carbs that need rebuilt; The 3 shelving units in the pictures are full of the extra parts, plus there are many not shown or listed.

Overall the car is in pretty good condition, just needs someone who wants to finish the project I started. I prefer to sell everything together as a package deal with local pick up. But, I am open to selling the car by itself or with just a few extra parts.

I am looking to get $5000 for everything. I will be in and out of town for the next 3 weeks after this weekend, so it may be tough to come look at the car until after then, just thought I would get it posted and see what happens.

Here is a link to my craigslist add for pictures. The internet where I am currently is slow, so I will have to post more pictures later. Feel free to email me; kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4373031790.html
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
CptTripps
icon_bump.gif

Guys. I've seen this car, and it's a L-O-T nicer than Kevin is giving it credit for. Plus, the amount of extras is worth the price of admission alone.

I'm happy to go down with someone to look at the car if they want some assistance and are new to 914s.

Good luck!
CptTripps
icon_bump.gif for a great car...
scoobykvn
Sale Pending.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.