Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can you tell me how to REPLACE MY SIDEMAARKER ASSEMBLY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thelogo
SIDE marker assembley screw s are all tweaked and lense broke from a run in with a milkcrate.

( true story )

I have my replacement assembley , but no lense yet

So I would like to change out assembley myself and look for a lense in the mean time

I know I would start by dis conneccting the battery

But from there ...??? Can you guys give me help from there ???

Or pay the local " V W speedshop to put it in "

And or what is the level of mechanical inclination required to complete this ?

I'm ok but complacated wiring is what I consider to be too advanced for me . Honestly

Last pic go,s out to the cheap sob

I call it homemade hillbilly crash barrier " private joker "

JawjaPorsche
When you remove the assembly, it just unplug and replug the new one.

Here is picture.

The lens are different. Make sure you get one for the driver's side.

Contact Mikey at 914rubber.com for lens if you don't have a source.

Good luck.
Chris H.
If you look on the back side of the fender there should be 2 notched plastic clips that go through the the side marker assembly and clip to the fender holding the marker in place. They need to be carefully pinched closed in order to remove the assembly. Sometimes they have been replaced with nuts/bolts or other interesting things.

edit: excellent example pic added above!

There are only two wires that need to be disconnected. One is brown (the ground wire), and the other is probably grey and black on the drivers side (The power wire). They are usually under a rubber cover, unless that has rotted away over the years. That's also accessible from the back.

It's very easy to do.
thelogo
Right on guys , there were two bolts with washers and nuts and two wires with prongs

It's a done deal !!!!!!

Shout out to cheap sob , I just saved mad cash by doing it myself , guy at speed shop said no time today ,come back on Monday , b,s it took ten mins !!!!!

Now which way is the thick part of lens supposed to face , front or rear ???

I think it looks best oriented , thin in front ,thick to the rear ????????;;;;;;;??????

" you John Wayne ? ; is this me ? " private joker

SLITS
thick part is forward ....
rjames
QUOTE(thelogo @ Mar 13 2014, 12:33 PM) *

Right on guys , there were two bolts with washers and nuts and two wires with prongs

It's a done deal !!!!!!

Shout out to cheap sob , I just saved mad cash by doing it myself , guy at speed shop said no time today ,come back on Monday , b,s it took ten mins !!!!!

If you want to continue to save mad cash, yo, get the Haynes repair book. Replacing the lens isn't the only repair you'll have to do on a 30+ year old car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.