Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Fuel Pumps?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
I'm trying to get my car started and need a source/seller of a fuel pump for a '73 1.7 car. Anybody have one, or where do I source that?
pt_700
you might find a used one here in the classifieds.

a newer pump from your local flaps (friendly local auto parts store) can be retrofitted with some modification to the stock fuel lines. some recent threads here regarding that.

we're still talking f.i. in you teener?
Larmo63
Yes, FI car..... also, what am I looking at here? Am I missing a relay here?

IPB Image
AE354803
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 14 2014, 12:37 PM) *

Yes, FI car..... also, what am I looking at here? Am I missing a relay here?

IPB Image

You're going to need these

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;p=1747593&

Missing relay looks to be for the optional rear window defogger relay

Is the car missing a fuel pump or is the fuel pump just not turning on? Your fuel pump relay looks all "wonky" like someone ripped the top off (bottom left corner of the board, just above the white 4 pin plug)
Larmo63
Yes, the fuel pump relay has had it's top broken, good eye. I flip-flopped the relays and the pump sounds like it is making noise now.

hmmmm.....
type47
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 14 2014, 11:37 AM) *

... FI car ... what am I looking at here? Am I missing a relay here?

Click to view attachment
If you look at the pins of the 14 pin plug at the "top" of the relay board, you can see that pins 12 and 14 connect to the battery so they are a source of +12VDC. Pin 13 goes to the fuel pump so it supplies +12VDC to the pump. If you could connect +12VDC from the battery to the wire to the pump, you basically directly connect the pump to the battery. This can be done by connecting connection 87, one of the pins of the fuel pump relay, to pin 30 also of the fuel pump relay. An alternative I had to use was connect 87 to the "hot" side of the 25 amp fuse (the "hot" side is the terminal of the fuse to pin 14 of the 14 pin connector). This is a little bit convenient because you can attach an alligator clip to the fuse mount (the hot side). You could also just jump the pins 30 and 87 of your relay that is open after you remove the guts and plug it in.
colingreene
the relay you had was good when you turned the key on the test light lit brightly.
I still suspect the fuel pump.
also the local FLAPS tried to tell us that Fuel Injection systems only ran at 10 psi, it was just not worth fighting it out with him.
Larmo63
I have sourced a fuel pump, I should have it by Sunday morning.
Dave_Darling
If you push down on the flat metal piece at the top of that uncovered relay, the fuel pump should run. Key on or no. It's a way to test the pump and wires.

--DD
914lee
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 14 2014, 11:06 PM) *

What's a good source for fuel pumps?
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(914lee @ Mar 20 2014, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 14 2014, 11:06 PM) *

NAPA has Bosch Fuel Pump

Part Number: BSH 69133

Two Prong
914lee

[/quote]

NAPA has Bosch Fuel Pump

Part Number: BSH 69133

Two Prong
[/quote]

Thanks.
I'll give them a call.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.