Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat stuck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
I just put a used set of seats in my 73 ,the drivers was tight moving back on track,now I can't move at all.ive sat in it trying to get forward no luck.any ideas?if I have to take base out is there access and where r bolts?
RonnieJ
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Mar 14 2014, 03:39 PM) *

I just put a used set of seats in my 73 ,the drivers was tight moving back on track,now I can't move at all.ive sat in it trying to get forward no luck.any ideas?if I have to take base out is there access and where r bolts?

There are two bolts on each seat. The bolts are located at the back one per rail. Unbolt and remove seat.
SLITS
And try some lithium or other grease on the seat tracks.
rosenfe
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 14 2014, 12:54 PM) *

And try some lithium or other grease on the seat tracks.

doesnt access to bolt require seat movement to uncover them?my seat will not move.i may try pb blaster on rails.
Michael RD
When I brought home the car I'm building mine was stuck as well. The adjustment handle was broken off - likely the p.o. from tugging on it. I wound up sliding a piece of steel strip, like 1/4x1/8 between the seats rail and the adjuster strip and twisting it with a cresent wrench. It then disengaged the pins that lock into the seat rail. In addition to finding about fifteen dollars in change , I could see that the spring rail (the one the handle gos on) was bent enough that no amount of pulling on the handle would have ever disengaged it. bye1.gif
rosenfe
QUOTE(Michael RD @ Mar 14 2014, 02:00 PM) *

When I brought home the car I'm building mine was stuck as well. The adjustment handle was broken off - likely the p.o. from tugging on it. I wound up sliding a piece of steel strip, like 1/4x1/8 between the seats rail and the adjuster strip and twisting it with a cresent wrench. It then disengaged the pins that lock into the seat rail. In addition to finding about fifteen dollars in change , I could see that the spring rail (the one the handle gos on) was bent enough that no amount of pulling on the handle would have ever disengaged it. bye1.gif

ok will try that tonite
GaroldShaffer
Once you get the seat out check to make sure the non handle side slider is installed in the correct direction. Had a parts car with it inside backwards and the seat wouldn't move forward at all.
Johny Blackstain
You might also want to try it from outside the car with the door open, instead of sitting on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.