Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine lid (grill paint)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
Is the black paint on the engine lid grill (that is the grill it self) a semi gloss or flat black I was going to use the same as the valence and rocker panels but not sure as to what is correct?
bluhun
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 14 2014, 06:00 PM) *

Is the black paint on the engine lid grill (that is the grill it self) a semi gloss or flat black I was going to use the same as the valence and rocker panels but not sure as to what is correct?

Semi gloss.
Krieger
I'm not sure which is correct, but if you go with a semi gloss. SEM Trim Black is a great choice in a can. Durable and blends nicely. I've used it for my dash, engine grill, rockers and valence. Hawleys in Santa Rosa has it.
toolguy
Semi gloss is correct, and the 'SEM trim black' is right on in amount of gloss. . . . from the factory, the lid area under the grill was also painted black on the top side. . .
wes
Thanks I felt it would be the same as the rest of the black trim but its always nice to hear from others.
'72914guy
Thanks, I think I just found my project for this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.