Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First look at new door pannels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
Here is a look at the plugs for the molds for the core of the door panels. We will have door pannels out by the end of next week. The first set is sold already. I will post pictures of the finished product at the end of the week.
HIEDI
morph
the other one
HIEDI
morph
There will be some choices of vinyl for the covering. This is one. The other will be a regular vinyl, and the basket weave will also be available at an additional charge.
HIEDI
sj914
Very nice IPB Image
morph
oops..forgot to attach the picture
markb
Excellent! What kind of prices?
Aaron Cox
how do you attach the vinyl to f/g on the back (no staples)
scotty914
minor high jack

are you going to be doing rubber molds, if yes where do you get your rubber
morph
I built prototyped "standard" door panels from material that you can get from most upholstery shops. And just wasn't happy with the fit. So I scrapped it all for composite ones they can simply be made to fit much better. As far as bonding vinyl to the composite panel, that is easy. IPB Image There are several adhesives that you cannot get the vinyl loose from the panel after bonding. I went with composite panels for several reasons.
As far as rubber i am still "playing with it." For certian applications such as dashes it requires you to "whip" the material to give it the certian feel I've been looking for. But rubber is a material that I feel we can tackle and win. We will offer this panel for the buyer to recover them selfs. Also in a plain vinyl (70-71)and in the diamond push pictured for later models. To get it with the basket weaves that are close to the original material will be more. Cost info will be posted in the parts and products section this up coming week with pictures of finished product.

James
scotty914
as for rubber molding materials search for smooth on

they have the best stuff including urathanes

i helped use up 200 gallons of their urathanes and 20 gallons of their rubber, nice stuff
jwalters
IPB Image IPB Image

Keep us posted when available!! I was just about to repair my warped dilapidated ones--I will easily pony up the bucks for these instead.

Put me on your list for 1 set A.S.A.P.!!!! IPB Image

Thanks ya'll--your work will make a tremendous difference on my rustoration.

J.Walters
seanery
those look nice James!

btw...nice hat IPB Image
larryp
I got the first set! I got the first set! I got the first set! The vinyl is custom beige to match my (read, "Jame's) subwoofer-equipped center console and will have decidedly non-stock black trim. James did not mention but he is ALSO working on f/g driver's side door pockets to replace the tatty 30 year old fiberboard ones. Ya-hoo! Thanks, james! IPB Image rocking nana.gif
jwalters
IPB Image
Congrats Larry!

?-Have you fit them yet? Do you have pics of them?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Congrats again!

IPB Image
larryp
James- I shouldn't have stolen your thunder re the door pocket, but I am so ex-sigh-ted (insert Valley Grrl squeal). Sorry!

JW- No, James is sending the panels tomorrow or so. But I have spoken to him about these for I think a few months now. We have discussed their progress from fiber boards with f/g top rails to f/g everything and I know I love his work. He told me they can be mon=unted with the 3M marine press snap lock material OR the OEM clips. I am pretty pleased to be getting them.
morph
They are here now, here is a link to e-bay auction. You will be able to get a 914club discount for $200 if you buy them directly through us or you will be able to buy them off of e-bay for $220.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

HIEDI
nynone4
Very Cool!!!
tdgray
Great Job - James and Heidi IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
bondo
Whoo! Awesome.. something else for my wish list (it's getting long!)
redshift
IPB Image

I like that... nice with fat seats, and no frills.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.