Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 seat belt set with all the bits and pieces.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mrfourteen
Date tag reads 71 these are nice clean belts and the latches work like new.
Buttons are nice and red. all the right bolts and plastic/ steel washers included.
Even the plastic holsters are there. Only one side still has it's tag.
Slides and glides are all good, no wear on the webbing.
Plastics show signs of use but not beat.
$195 offers tell me if I'm way off on the price I look a previous sales for pricing.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
that's a nice set. You even have the holsters!
puffinator
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 15 2014, 12:28 PM) *

that's a nice set. You even have the holsters!

I'll take them. I don't know if the price is right or not but I need a set. I send you a PM
Rob
mepstein
price is right. they look better than the ones from my 36K mile car.
puffinator
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 15 2014, 12:33 PM) *

I bought these belts and the box arrived today in the mail - it was not insured. Unfortunately the box was weak and split and all the hardware and one of the receptacles (thing with red level) were missing, slipping out of the open edge of the box. The hardware is replaceable but I need another receptacle. Does anyone have an extra they could spare?
Rob
rjames
Bummer. Please people, learn how to pack your items for shipping!
tweet
Items should be packaged like a gorilla is going to play kick the can, with it.
euro911
I bought some seat adapter rails from an ebay seller several years ago. They were packed into a box that was just barely long enough for the rails to fit in corner to corner (with no extra reinforcement in the corners) screwy.gif

Apparently, the box was dropped somewhere along the line and all 4 rails shot out one of the corners - never to be seen again mad.gif

I did get a refund, but if they would have packed them better, I'd have a nice set of high backs in my '66 912 dry.gif
tweet
Does anyone remember an old commercial; I think it was for Samsonite suitcases? There was a gorilla just slamming the thing around and then pouncing on it. Well the mail gets a similar treatment sometimes. And ALL the carriers are the same. They all use automated equipment nowadays and handle millions of pieces of mail daily. Insurance also helps, in these kinds of situations. At least you can get some of your money back, if something goes wrong.
orthobiz
QUOTE(puffinator @ Mar 26 2014, 01:17 PM) *

I bought these belts and the box arrived today in the mail - it was not insured. Unfortunately the box was weak and split and all the hardware and one of the receptacles (thing with red level) were missing, slipping out of the open edge of the box. The hardware is replaceable but I need another receptacle. Does anyone have an extra they could spare?
Rob

I have a lone, rogue belt in my pole barn. I will try to look this weekend and report back. If so, you can just have it.

BTW, are left and right belts the same?

Paul
puffinator
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 26 2014, 09:11 PM) *

QUOTE(puffinator @ Mar 26 2014, 01:17 PM) *

Rob

I have a lone, rogue belt in my pole barn. I will try to look this weekend and report back. If so, you can just have it.

BTW, are left and right belts the same?

Paul

Wow, thanks very much. I believe there is a left and a right but I will take either one. I don't know if the little red latch is supposed to be up or down.
Rob
1970 Neun vierzehn
" I don't know if the little red latch is supposed to be up or down."
Rob

The belts are left and right, and should look like this.......
913B
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 26 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Rob

Sorry for slight hijack, for the driver's on mines the red lever is on top.
Which would make your right thumb easy to release ??

confused24.gif
McMark
There's something about the Porsche part numbering system where evens and odds are left and right, but I can't remember which is which.
mepstein
red lever on top
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 26 2014, 05:37 PM) *

Rob

The owners manual for my 70/4 shows the seat belt release button on the bottom, as pictured.......
puffinator
Then the one that survived the mail was the driver's side one. but if someone has an extra, I will take either one.
orthobiz
If the red button is on the bottom, then I have a passenger belt you can have. Just PM me your address. (I didn't find it in the pole barn this weekend as promised. It was in the backseat of my car the whole time!)

IPB ImageIPB Image

Paul
puffinator
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 29 2014, 05:28 PM) *

If the red button is on the bottom, then I have a passenger belt you can have. Just PM me your address. (I didn't find it in the pole barn this weekend as promised. It was in the backseat of my car the whole time!)

IPB ImageIPB Image

Paul

Thanks a ton!! Sent a PM
Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.