Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb: pass floor subwoofer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MrLeeS
I'm getting ready to destroy a perfectly good passenger foam block to make a subwoofer enclosure. Does anybody have one they want to sell? I want to hide it under the carpet and the 914ap one doesn't look so good for that.

Thanks
Qarl
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Mar 15 2014, 01:13 PM) *

I'm getting ready to destroy a perfectly good passenger foam block to make a subwoofer enclosure. Does anybody have one they want to sell? I want to hide it under the carpet and the 914ap one doesn't look so good for that.

Thanks

You want a subwoofer or a foam block? I have a foam block if you are lookinfmg for one
MrLeeS
QUOTE(Qarl @ Mar 15 2014, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Mar 15 2014, 01:13 PM) *

Thanks

You want a subwoofer or a foam block? I have a foam block if you are lookinfmg for one

I've got the block, I want a sub enclosure
Qarl
Cant help. Good luck!
MrLeeS
QUOTE(Qarl @ Mar 15 2014, 11:38 AM) *

Cant help. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm sure ill be making one tomorrow. But it's worth a shot.
JRust
Made one years ago. Just used the block for the backside of my fiberglass mold. Then built out the front some. Works great but sure took up a lot of the passenger foot room. I didn't care so much as I never sat there evilgrin.gif . I've liked the few done on here that put the sub facing the dash & top side. Kind of a tube going down to the base. Took up less space & was completely hidden.
Harpo
Mickey914 makes a subwoofer enclosure for the passenger floorboard.

http://shop.914rubber.com/Subwoofer-speake...ed-914SWB-B.htm

David
MrLeeS
QUOTE(Harpo @ Mar 15 2014, 04:20 PM) *

Mickey914 makes a subwoofer enclosure for the passenger floorboard.

http://shop.914rubber.com/Subwoofer-speake...ed-914SWB-B.htm

David

Thanks David,

Pretty sure that is the 914 ap unit. I'm trying to avoid the large protrusion on the face
Mikey914
It is, but you need some space to move the air or the sound will be poor.
MrLeeS
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 15 2014, 07:40 PM) *

It is, but you need some space to move the air or the sound will be poor.

Yep, done the math, I'll just move the face out about an inch. Its the large ring on the exterior I don't want.
J0n52 914
piratenanner.gif

Can I show off my latest project???

Here is a sub box I am finishing with the intent of solid full range sound and not intruding on the interior too much. The lid is not done yet I have to glue and staple the leather on and then install the hinge. I must admit, the height is perfect for resting ones arm while driving and it has the same foot print as the original center console with a few mods to hide the amp, sub, wires, etc.

This setup is running the JL Audio 6.5 sub with a Soundstreqm nano 350watt amp. The amp is only running 50-75% power when I tuned it so I dont blow the speaker and could keep clean sound. GREAT FULL RANGE AUDIO!!!! And it hits hard low base when the kid is in the car and he gets to pick a song/station.

Also, I have a few boxes that are available. Just PM me if interested.

Jon
J0n52 914
Here is a pic of the center console box (appearance group style) and the build on this box.

914world thread sound build

JA beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.