Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Rebuilt Door Stays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
wndsnd
Thanks
John

The squeak is making me nuts and I don't feel like doing it.

913B
By the time you access your door stays to put in your new ones. You can clean and replace yours with a rebuilt kit. I am just saying. Good luck on your search and icon_bump.gif for you.
913B
By the time you access your door stays to put in your new ones. You can clean and replace yours with a rebuilt kit. I am just saying. Good luck on your search and icon_bump.gif for you.
wndsnd
Actually I think I have the parts, Mikey's kit. I just hate working with springs.
Larmo63
I just did mine, they are easy. The whole door panel and armrest thing removal is a chore, but they aren't that hard to do.
913B
Actually its not that bad. As long as you have a table vice and wear goggles just in case. I removed them and dunked them in a cleaning solution for a week. I used some purple water solution I found at sam's club. But I did use a nut and bolt for the end of the stay arm or else there is click noise with the new hardware and spring.
913B
Actually its not that bad. As long as you have a table vice and wear goggles just in case. I removed them and dunked them in a cleaning solution for a week. I used some purple water solution I found at sam's club. But I did use a nut and bolt for the end of the stay arm or else there is click noise with the new hardware and spring.
bdstone914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Mar 15 2014, 02:10 PM) *

Actually I think I have the parts, Mikey's kit. I just hate working with springs.

They can be trying. I rebuilt a couple of pair. need a good vice to hold the parts and an extra spring of hook. First one took about 45 min and the second about 5 minutes once I figured out how to do it.

Bruce
wndsnd
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 15 2014, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Mar 15 2014, 02:10 PM) *

They can be trying. I rebuilt a couple of pair. need a good vice to hold the parts and an extra spring of hook. First one took about 45 min and the second about 5 minutes once I figured out how to do it.

Bruce

Bruce are you offering me a set smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.