Two problems that I don't know if they are related or not.

2004 WRX, 2.0

Idle could be between 500 to 1200, and anywhere inbetween.

Sometimes when driving, it will just be lights out for no apparent reason for about 5 seconds, and then back to normal. Here lately, it just dies, and will fire right back up, when restarted. I don't know if those two are related or not either.

About a 1 1/2 years ago, after having the conversion done for about 3 years, a bolt was left too long, and had been rubbing on the red wire that went to the map sensor, after two months of trying to figure out what was causing it to cut out, or not start at all, and so repaired the wire, and shortened the bolt, and got a used/tested map sensor. I didn't know they have a circuit in them?

I've put on a new Idle air control valve, map sensor, throttle positioning sensor, maf sensor, needed an O2 sensor, but no improvements, and was wondering if when all that shorting out was going on, if something may have gotten screwed up in the computer?

I had to replace the fuel pump about 4 months ago, and when the new one got installed, for some reason, at that point, the pump prime did not run, and would just run as long as the key was on. The other day it did not start, and I found out that the fuse in the holder, got hot, and blsitered the plastic, and so I put on a new holder and fuse, and now the pump runs with it priming like it did originally, but now am having this intermittent cut out going on.