Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was a car, now a mental illness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
I went to bed last night at 2:30am* with singed hair, bloody nuckles, and a band-aid over a 3rd-degree burn where a piece of hot slag landed in the crook of my elbow. What has happended to me? I used to be normal. Now I spend all my spare time (and not-so-spare time) working on a 30 year old car. I'm like Gollum and that #$*^ ring.

-Ben M.

*and as expected JP was still on the BBS. blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(airsix @ May 28 2003, 04:37 PM)
I'm like Gollum and that #$*^ ring.

ahhhmmm, where is my preeeeeecious? wub.gif
Gint
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well you joined the "club" didn't ya?
krk
You guys rock! You actually get to live out your mental illness... er... dreams. biggrin.gif Talk about your inspiration!

kim.

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
DNHunt
Ben,

Showed my wife this thread and she doesn't think I'm quite as sick as you. Thanks for taking the heat off. You're my savior.

Dave
airsix
QUOTE(DNHunt @ May 28 2003, 05:39 PM)
Ben,

Showed my wife this thread and she doesn't think I'm quite as sick as you. Thanks for taking the heat off. You're my savior.

Dave

Ah Ha! Not so fast Dave! This is partly my wife's doing. She needs the garage to be car-free on Friday and Saturday for a project she's doing. I promised I'd do everything I could to have my car back under it's own power by Friday morning. She's been very understanding about the late-night blitz this week to get it done. Normally I would absolutely never work on the car until 2:30am on a weeknight, and when I say absolutly never I mean to say no more than a few times a week. wink.gif

-Ben M.
DNHunt
I think I'll just leave things where they lie. My wife doesn't have to see your response. No worse than sneakin in parts, right?

Dave
Bruce Allert
Just got out of the dark room and was going to go fix the fuel leak... but then I saw this thread laugh.gif
Made me laugh and figure I can wait till tomorrow to fix it. After all... it's 9:40, almost time for bed smlove2.gif
g'night
bruce MDB2.gif
EdwardBlume
I just had my 73 roller towed away this evening to the new happy owner (who got it for free). I guess its going to become a 914-6 conversion. I watched it pull away and looked back at the empty space it was for the past 3 months..... its sick, but I miss it.. and I still have 2 other 914s!!!!
J P Stein
I have a perfectly gud reason for being here at 2:30 in the AM.....I have no life.

There is hope(?), however.

In bout 60 days I will have no job and thus get to bed at a reasonable hour. Is this gud? confused24.gif
jonwatts
They gave you 60 days notice? Let the looting begin!!!!!

Ben, you once paid me a compliment and now I must return the favor. You, sir, are a funny man.
airsix
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 28 2003, 11:22 PM)
I have a perfectly gud reason for being here at 2:30 in the AM.....I have no life.

There is hope(?), however.

In bout 60 days I will have no job and thus get to bed at a reasonable hour. Is this gud? confused24.gif

Does this fall under "voluntary retirement", "early retirement option", or "lay-off"? I hope all is well and you're getting a fair package.

-Ben M.
J P Stein
The latter. I'm too dumb to give up and too ...underfunded to retire.....and too old for this shit.

*They* may rescind the warning.......but who knows.
We ain't sellin' a whole pee pot fulla airplanes.

It's a good time to buy a 747. We'll make ya a hell of a deal one one or two...cheep at half the price biggrin.gif

11 weeks severance...per contract. I'm a union puke.
Bruce Allert
AH-HA! Now I know how you make yer car go fast... yer put'n all that airplane stuff in yer lunch box & tak'n it home wink.gif I thought those tires looked like they'd fit a 747 cool_shades.gif
All kidding aside JP. I hope they resind their layoff & get another contract. Gotta keep ya out on da track so's you can tell me when I'm off course!.......
bruce
Gint
Bummer JP. Any plans or ideas?

On topic, I washed some of the shirts last night that I've been wearing to sand the car. The collars on a couple are permanently stained with tangerine orange paint dust and sweat. Nice.
krk
JP: sorry to hear it. Hope biz picks up and it all goes away.

Gint: you do laundry?

kim.
Gint
Gint: you do laundry?

Yup. I won't "let" anyone else wash my stuff.
GWN7
You guys need a sticker, like this one my son gave me.
Gint
Where can I get one?
GWN7
He got it out of a vending machine at the local movie-plex. It's one of those random choice machines. $1 CDN (so about $0.50 US)

Side note...they won't let me put it on my helmet at work. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.