Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay 76 2.0L $45,750
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turk22
I'm happy to see the value of 4 bangers going up...but 45K?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-0-Li...=US_Cars_Trucks
smveril
When I am finished with my 73 2.0 restoration, I will have much less than $45K in my car, including professional body repair by a well known restorer and a new engine.

So, I think this car is $20K too much.

Pat Garvey
Nice car, but originality screwed up by improper hoses, drivers' seat, and those stupid speakers mounted t the the door panels, which will have to be replaced.

It's a legit 20K car.
dw914six
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 16 2014, 04:20 PM) *

Nice car, but originality screwed up by improper hoses, drivers' seat, and those stupid speakers mounted t the the door panels, which will have to be replaced.

It's a legit 20K car.

agree.gif there has been one run already on this car at a high price. The car is in San Antonio and this guy posted this a while back (6 months - a year). I can't remember but it seems back then he was asking $25,000 and he couldn't sell it then at that price. His ad read "The best example left in the world"... Or some superlative statement. That is a huge price increase in a year.

Very nice looking car...but $45,000??? I think he bought this car from the local PCA President up in The midwest somewhere (KC?).
carr914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 16 2014, 08:20 PM) *

It's a legit 20K car.

What about that lovely Luggage Rack? barf.gif
JeffBowlsby
If it were only true...

I don't recognize these parts....are they even 914?

tod914
This was posted on Ebay a few years back. I recall Rick pointing out the damage to the inner front passenger side fender well. Clearly evident in the photos. I'm sure the thread is lurking around the archives somewhere. Love the color. I'm with Pat on the value.
rhodyguy
a car cut and drilled for AC warrants a BIG originality value drop to me. pita to undo. as for the $45k, i guess a car's owner can value it at what ever they want. a $10k opening with 1 bid. not $9.2k or some other non round #. as "reserve not met" its a safe shill bid.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 17 2014, 01:07 AM) *

If it were only true...

I thought the same thing! WTF.gif
orthobiz
Bumperettes mean MD or CA original delivery, no?

Over 20K now. Boys, we're sitting on gold mines!

Paul
CMONNETT
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 18 2014, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 17 2014, 01:07 AM) *

If it were only true...

I thought the same thing! WTF.gif

The top part is out of a late 356 B-SC trunk. It was used to cover the fuel tank.
dlkawashima
Another 914-4 topping $25K. Apparently the last bid met the reserve price and the car sold for $28,500. More evidence that 914 prices are riding the jet stream of the astronomical rise in prices of early 911s.

Adding images for reference ...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
seebobgo
This is bull sh*t. No way barf.gif
orthobiz
Guess it is the luggage rack advantage. At least the buyers will have to keep them for awhile!

Paul
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(turk22 @ Mar 16 2014, 03:36 PM) *

I'm happy to see the value of 4 bangers going up...but 45K?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-0-Li...=US_Cars_Trucks

The listing says it sold for $28,500
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 22 2014, 09:53 AM) *

Where? It says "This Buy It Now listing has ended".
It doesn't say the car was sold for that price ...

There's a big difference between asking big $$$ and actually getting big $$$.
shades.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 22 2014, 10:34 AM) *

shades.gif

When I look at the eBay page it says "sold for $28,500.00"
dirk9141973

shades.gif

agree.gif I would say one of the best 914/4 sold last summer by Porsche dealer ( his collection) cincinnati very low miles 22k and everything original even tires! This was on show room floor for years! $25,000
mepstein
QUOTE(dirk9141973 @ Mar 22 2014, 02:10 PM) *

shades.gif

agree.gif I would say one of the best 914/4 sold last summer by Porsche dealer ( his collection) cincinnati very low miles 22k and everything original even tires! This was on show room floor for years! $25,000

He should have ebay'd it. Buyers are paying crazy prices on ebay and most of them would not have stopped by a Porsche dealer looking for a 914.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 22 2014, 08:27 AM) *

Guess it is the luggage rack advantage. At least the buyers will have to keep them for awhile!

Paul

I've got my original optioned luggage rack in excellent condition! I was going to sell it for some nice coin but think I'm going to keep it now to use. Was thinking of having removable (so I don't alter the original) longitudinal metal strips that strap down to the hood with rubber padding underneath so I don't drill any holes and can use it/remove it when needed. idea.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 17 2014, 09:28 AM) *

a car cut and drilled for AC warrants a BIG originality value drop to me. pita to undo. as for the $45k, i guess a car's owner can value it at what ever they want. a $10k opening with 1 bid. not $9.2k or some other non round #. as "reserve not met" its a safe shill bid.

Apparently who ever bought it already has a hp loss via the secondary air injection pump. Engage the a/c and minus more available hp, and more engine heat build up.
No 914s arrived from the factory with a/c, the DPD was a lot boy hack job.
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.