Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check Out My Custom Tranny Mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iiibdsiil
Well, the car had to move, and the transmission is out, so I go "How the frick am I going to support the motor on the back side?

Voila!
skline
Well, yeah. That will work too.
jwalters
IPB Image

Simple solution ehh? WOW, I would never had thought of that--brain is now processing input for long term storage............ IPB Image ---CRAP!!!

I should not have drunk that beer--now I gotta look at your post agin' IPB Image

Oh Crap!---- IPB Image ---well I'll just archive it to my 'puter-- IPB Image
tommy914
my .02

I wouldn't think the exhaust or exhaust studs in the heads, would be designed to hold the weight of the motor.
skline
Its more of a leverage thing. the weight wouldnt be as much as you think. I would bet you could hold the exhaust up with one hand in the rear. The bulk of the weight would be in the front.
iiibdsiil
A three year old could pick that up without struggling. It is real light on the end there.
SirAndy
another way is to use a 2 chains with 2 S-Hooks and hook them into the hole on the tranny mount where the 10mm bolt normally goes through and the other end around the exhaust where the muffler flange is.
basically the same you did except using the tranny mounts on the chassis instead of banging up the nice paint on your car ...

IPB Image Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.