Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
IPB Image

On all three of my engines which I have broken down, the same " thing" exists between all three:

The case cylinder registers are quite a bit larger that the cylinders themselves.

? Is this the " norm" for these motors.? Many moons ago when I was in type 1 land--all my engines were built up with very little tolerance from the cylinder sleeves and the case register bores. All my cylinders needed " some" force---very little tho.

With my heads off, I can move the cylinder bases up and down and side to side more than I like. I cannot measure--but my calibrated eyeball says somewhere between 1/16th and 1/8th of an inch. You can really see it from where the studs pass thru the cooling fins.

What is going on here? IPB Image
skline
I dont think that is right, when I did all of mine the cylinders were faily tight. No play at alll as a matter of fact. Jake will step in and tell you for sure though.
Mark Henry
About .020 is normal...I'll check one right now if you like.
Mark Henry
Cylinder 3.930...Case 3.950...So I guess I was pretty close IPB Image

It does look real sloppy if your just using the Mk5 eyeball.
Allan
I just put mine in on the passenger side. Also seemed really sloppy but actually it was only about .020.
jwalters
Thanks guys for chiming in!!!

I was getting really worried / upset there for a second.

So, I am guessing this is for expansion??

Thanks again!..... IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.